Sign in to follow this  

KTM 250 SXF to KTM 125 SX?

Hi, I'm in a bit of a situation here.

I recently bought a 2006 KTM 250 SXF as my second bike. I came up from a CRF 150f as my first. The bike has run in to some issues and i'm tired of dropping money into it. i was wondering if i sold my current machine and purchased a 2 stroke 125 (KTM, of course. I LOVE how it handles), would it be a disappointment in terms of power? the bike i have now keeps up with my brother's klx 400r and my friends CAN AM DS450 quad. I just dont want to be left behind.

So, i guess what im really asking is should i get a 250 or 125 2 stroke. Im 6 foot and 180 lbs in the off season (I play lacrosse and i usually shed about 15 lbs or so, not that it matters)

any and all advice would be very appreciated.

thanks for your time in advance.

A 125 2t will keep up fine with the klx400 and kwad. The 125 will really teach you how to use the clutch, it will make you a better rider in return. However, if you are doing mostly trails, I would recommend a ktm 200 or even the 250.

Hi, I'm in a bit of a situation here.

I recently bought a 2006 KTM 250 SXF as my second bike. I came up from a CRF 150f as my first. The bike has run in to some issues and i'm tired of dropping money into it. i was wondering if i sold my current machine and purchased a 2 stroke 125 (KTM, of course. I LOVE how it handles), would it be a disappointment in terms of power? the bike i have now keeps up with my brother's klx 400r and my friends CAN AM DS450 quad. I just dont want to be left behind.

So, i guess what im really asking is should i get a 250 or 125 2 stroke. Im 6 foot and 180 lbs in the off season (I play lacrosse and i usually shed about 15 lbs or so, not that it matters)

any and all advice would be very appreciated.

thanks for your time in advance.

Your a heavy dude for a 125, its all in how you twist the throttle! A 250 2t would be a better option....

• Like 1