Sign in to follow this  

California SATURDAY Sunfair and general debauchery

ok BillyBadAss... how about we go punish ourselves this SATURDAY, 26th, in joshua tree and we can follow up with a party at my place if that's what people want to do...

lots of options out here.... pretty much anything goes...

so yeah.. Goat trail style singletrack... lots of rocks and lots of exposed ridges.... you've seen the video... plenty of easy riding and damn near impossible to get lost if somepeople want to ride easier/faster terrain or the dunes...

oh yeah on another note, (sorry for the side chatter jeff... NOT!) i just took my XR for a 20 mile lap around the neighborhood!!! its been resurrected!!

• Like 4

Well finally on Saturday! I'm not trying to get out of ridding and partying with you... But I took my wife out to JV yesterday. First time since last New Years she has ridden. She realy liked it and misses going .

When she got home from work today she saw how I cleaned the bikes and right away said let's go back this weekend ... So we planed out Saturday thru Monday ... She called in a day off for Monday! You got quad trails for her? How about a spot for our TH? Let me know.

So we planed out Saturday thru Monday ... She called in a day off for Monday! You got quad trails for her? How about a spot for our TH? Let me know.

yeah... lots of quad trails here... well lots of jeep trails which are perfect for quads... very similar to johnson valley but tinier... maybe 30+ sq miles ... 5 x 5ish... tons of nooks and crannies that would take many days to "fully" explore (i still find stuff)... great place to work on particular skills or seek out small challenges...  not so great if you are going after the remote feeling of being far from the TH...

speaking of... you should be able to park and navigate on top of the small hill on my property depending on how large it is (or how good of a driver you are)... for sure a spot next to my house, but softer sand... big 2 wd water truck can make the loop around the house, but i'd feel better if you have 4wd w/TH... its a little tight but also a huge 2 level car carrier managed to turn around...

another option would be the campground on the edge of the riding area... miniature lake and you could plug in the TH in an pull through level spot... but you are welcome here for sure... or do both if you are gonna hang a few days... or carry on to JV...

Yea, I have a 4x4 f350 extra cab short bed with a 7.3 pulling an 18' TH I can get just about anywhere!!! I can dry camp no problem. Ill figure it out and let you know during the week. Ill pm you my #

• Like 1

anyone can come... i am going to try to ride all the 20 miles of singletrack... people often bow out and find a different style of riding, so thats always an option... or you can follow the quad!

Im gonna really try and be there, be cool to see who can really walk the talk.  

I can hear the excuses now, cant make it, my wife said im gonna have to change a diaper.. 

• Like 1

Too far away

Don't want to waste a new tire

Don't want to get the shit beat out of me the day before A race

Ill break something on my bike

I can't hang in rocky terrain either

you forgot about the diaper?

The nice thing about Sunfair is, if your done you are never far from the truck.

Even though women throw their panties at me like im a rockstar, and im hung like a horse (miniature horse, but still a horse) the reality is im a fat old man and i might not be upto doing the whole loop.  Last time we started with double figures and ended with only 3 riders.  Kevin and darren rode home like champs, and i crawled like a wounded 3 legged miniature horse.  If it wasnt for the faint smell of cold beer in the distance i would have just layed right down on the trail and died

• Like 1