2012 250 xcw 52 rear

Does anyone have any experience with putting a 52 rear sprocket on a 2012 xcw 250.  Im looking to increase the bottom end as the majority of my riding is knarly single track.  I've changed the pv spring to green and the sprockets will be here tomorrow.  Just wondering what to expect from these changes,  if it's a noticeable difference. 

I have a 2013 250 XCW that I run a 13/52 sprocket combo on. I think the biggest thing I can remember from the change is it's an easier/smoother pull from a stop and slow speeds. I like the 13/52 combo and probably won't go back to the 50.

The green spring should give you the least amount of wheel spin. I think this spring gives the most traction but I've found it to make the bottom end just slightly more sluggish than the yellow or red springs.

Does anyone have any experience with putting a 52 rear sprocket on a 2012 xcw 250.  Im looking to increase the bottom end as the majority of my riding is knarly single track.  I've changed the pv spring to green and the sprockets will be here tomorrow.  Just wondering what to expect from these changes,  if it's a noticeable difference. 

I ride NW single track only and run 12/52 with Auto clutch on the 300. I run 3rd most the time great combo. My buddys who are probably the finest NW  singletrack riders turned me on to this. Also run IRC Trials at 5 lbs. They ride every single day and have the setup refined

Edited by byeatts

If you ride knarly single track then go with the 53... I just road my 13' xcw 300 with the 13/53 and I absolutely love it ! You need a longer chain for a 53, not sure with a 52.  

If you ride knarly single track then go with the 53... I just road my 13' xcw 300 with the 13/53 and I absolutely love it ! You need a longer chain for a 53, not sure with a 52.  

where did you find a 53? I been looking ?.  my 12/52 rocks and would go even lower if I can

I think you would need a longer chain for the 53.  The 52 was getting close.  I'm hoping to try the bike this weekend, not sure as it was snowing a bit this morrning :( 

where did you find a 53? I been looking ?. my 12/52 rocks and would go even lower if I can

Dirt Tricks AKA Iron Man sprockets... I got a 12t I haven't tried , I might sell it or send it back . The 13/53 is perfect so far for me.

On my KTM 300 I run the red power valve spring to liven up the top end power, but the FMF Fatty pipe makes the bottom end smoother for rocks.  With the stocker pipe, even the green spring made the rear end too torquey--I have more control now with the Fatty pipe down low, and the red spring WAAAAY revs out on top.  I love it :)

Dirt Tricks AKA Iron Man sprockets... I got a 12t I haven't tried , I might sell it or send it back . The 13/53 is perfect so far for me.

Sweet I ordered two. 12/53 with auto clutch!!I will be running 3rd and 4th all day long. 

I'm stoked to hear all this, makes me want to get an xcw!

Sorry to pj but quick Q, does the pipe get beat to hell on trails?

Or do the carbon fiber protectors good?

I ask because I'm a soso rider and I fall and the pipe looks like a tuba.

I'm stoked to hear all this, makes me want to get an xcw!

Sorry to pj but quick Q, does the pipe get beat to hell on trails?

Or do the carbon fiber protectors good?

I ask because I'm a soso rider and I fall and the pipe looks like a tuba.

I have yet to hit frame or pipe, I would have cased my frame on my crf450r and husky many times by now. The pipe guard has some boogers in it and it doing it's job , had a fall on a big hill and bike laid on some rocks with the pipe hitting the ground but no damage

I think you would need a longer chain for the 53.  The 52 was getting close.  I'm hoping to try the bike this weekend, not sure as it was snowing a bit this morrning :(

I run the stock 116 link chain with my 13/52 but it required running the rear axle/chain adjusters almost full forward. It works good but it did chew up my mud flap. A 118 link would be the ticket for a 52 and may work with the 53 too.