tire size?

what is the best tire size combo(front & rear) for a drz400sm street twisty driving?

how would a 120/70/17 and a 150/70/17 work?

The 120/70-17 front is a no brainer...  The 150/70-17 rear tires are typically a sport touring tire.  I have run Mich Pilot Road 2 and PR3's and also the Bridgestone BT023's in the 150/70-17 size.  They work well and last longer than the full sport bike tire.  I have always run the full sport bike version front tire, Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's work great or something else in that same performance category.   For playing hard or track use, I would prefer to run the 150/60-17 size.  There are PLENTY of good sport bike tires to choose from in that size and there is really no benefit running the larger and heavier 160/60-17 size.  It is also pretty common for the 160's to have a little chain rub...

The 120/70-17 front is a no brainer... The 150/70-17 rear tires are typically a sport touring tire. I have run Mich Pilot Road 2 and PR3's and also the Bridgestone BT023's in the 150/70-17 size. They work well and last longer than the full sport bike tire. I have always run the full sport bike version front tire, Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's work great or something else in that same performance category. For playing hard or track use, I would prefer to run the 150/60-17 size. There are PLENTY of good sport bike tires to choose from in that size and there is really no benefit running the larger and heavier 160/60-17 size. It is also pretty common for the 160's to have a little chain rub...

Thanks for the info that really is the only reason I was asking about the bigger size so I could get the longer longevity but decided I didn't care and Went ahead and Ordered some new Shinko 006 Podiums 120/70/ZR17 front and 150/60/ZR17 rear! Got them through a buddies shop for $135 out the door!!!! :goofy:

• Like 1