Sign in to follow this  

California Off-road map of So Cal desert and moutains

I created a map of the So Cal desert for off-roading. It was initially of the Ocotillo Wells and Anza-Borrego desert area. I recently expanded the coverage area to include all of San Diego and Imperial counties and the southern part of Riverside county. I created the majority of the data myself and it is the most accurate and up to date map available. 3,700 miles of OHV trails and 2,700 miles of street legal trails. Trails are color coded to indicate if they're OHV or street legal only.

It's available for Garmin and Lowrance GPS receivers. The Garmin version also works on PC and Mac which is useful for trip planning.

Check out the website for more info or let me know if you have any questions.

Lee

http://www.SanDiegoTrailMap.com

• Like 1

wow, you got Golfcrest and Navajo road. I lived a block from there.  Father Junipero Serra Trail and Cowles mtn in the 70's early 80's used to be the shiznit!!!

No lake Morena?  4 corners/Corral canyon?

Edited by Slackkinhard

Cool...  more free advertising threads...  Speed, Krannie you guys gotta get in on this too.

Want new REAL GRANITE counter tops for your home Kitchen, Bathroom, Outdoor BBQ Islands and MORE...

Kitchen in a BOXTM Granite Counter tops for DIYERS and Professionals.......less than half the price of SLAB !

kitchen_18.jpg
bbq_07.JPG
bar_01.jpg

Ask about our ThumperTalk Membership deals  

WE TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANITE !

PM me for details

• Like 1

Will mow lawns with no up front, out of pocket expenses to you, the home owner. Must provide own riding lawn mower, gas for mower, person to operate the lawn mower, pool privileges for me while the lawn is being mowed by the person you supplied to mow your lawn, a 12 pack of ice cold Blue Moon's (the beer), and your 18 year old prom queen daughter for 5 minutes (let's be honest).

All this for $200/week with the first mow job free.

Please call if interested 867-5309 ask for Mike Hunt or Harry Bahls.

Edited by kenshaw720
  • Like 1

wow, you got Golfcrest and Navajo road. I lived a block from there.  Father Junipero Serra Trail and Cowles mtn in the 70's early 80's used to be the shiznit!!!

Also grew up with Cowles Mtn as my playground.  Learned to ride there with the trailsafe cops in pursuit.  Patrick Henry, class of 73.  40 years later only 2 blocks away

I've been looking for some huge offroad maps to use as wall hangers and to embed into a table top

• Like 1

i've got maps of big bear, lucerne, sunfair, dhs, yucca, 29palms.... color coded by type of trail.... singletrack.... slow rocky quad/jeep... fast transit jeep routes....

all hand drawn in on google earth....

It's got Lake Morena/Corral Canyon/4 corners. The map has all OHV trails in San Diego, Imperial and parts of Riverside county. Forest roads, blm lands as well as street legal dirt roads.

I ride a street legal yz250 two stroke and I've been riding in So Cal for over 30 years. It has taken several man years to create the map. It is the most accurate map available for off-roading. All other topo maps are completely out of date when it comes to trails and roads. Yes, I'm charging for the map but no, I'm not going to make a living on it. It is a hobby and something I thought would be useful to others. Everybody who was purchased it has been extremely happy with it. It wasn't made by a corporation somewhere in Asia. It was made by a person that rides and knows the area well.The map works awesome with a Ram mount and Garmin Dakota. Trails can be seen in full sunlight.

Edited by 93ToyTruck
  • Like 2

Everyone has something to sell...  if we all posted our stuff on TT thats all you would see is advertising.  I pay TT $25 per year to NOT see ads.  So when someone slips in a freebee it bugs me.  Worthy product or not...  single user or corp giant matters not to me.  Soliciting my money on my favorite hobby website just bugs.

I am sure others have a different opinion...  though I doubt TT does.  They seem to like to get paid for advertising.  But maybe if you contacted them and pitched your Map as a not for profit kinda good will deal where you just sell it for enough money to cover costs they will see it differently and give you a free slot where everyone will see it.  Who knows...  stranger things do happen.

If another user gives you a plug, that seems to fly by OK.  In fact, I just did that this morning...  my fav reseller has a killer discount program I just posted about.  That might be the back door you are looking for.   

Good luck with your map.  And if my company gets any Kitchen in a BOXTM granite counter top sales due to your thread...  Thank You !  :thumbsup:

Edited by Jeff aka BOLT

I would be all for a kitchen in a box if it trail maps embedded in the counter tops and cupboard doors.

I ain't joking either.

• Like 2

I would be all for a kitchen in a box if it trail maps embedded in the counter tops and cupboard doors.

I ain't joking either.

Want your grass mowed?

I ain't joking either.

Let me get with Mr Truck an see what we can come up with. We have been doing some lamination testing.   Last year we even made some lamp shades out of granite to see how thin we could slice it.  Did you know you can pass light through rock if it's cut thin enough ?

Edited by Jeff aka BOLT
  • Like 1

Want your grass mowed?

Is that a euphemism for a sweet blow jay?

Edited by TragicImage

It's got Lake Morena/Corral Canyon/4 corners. The map has all OHV trails in San Diego, Imperial and parts of Riverside county. Forest roads, blm lands as well as street legal dirt roads.

I ride a street legal yz250 two stroke and I've been riding in So Cal for over 30 years. It has taken several man years to create the map. It is the most accurate map available for off-roading. All other topo maps are completely out of date when it comes to trails and roads. Yes, I'm charging for the map but no, I'm not going to make a living on it. It is a hobby and something I thought would be useful to others. Everybody who was purchased it has been extremely happy with it. It wasn't made by a corporation somewhere in Asia. It was made by a person that rides and knows the area well.The map works awesome with a Ram mount and Garmin Dakota. Trails can be seen in full sunlight.

is your YZ CA plated?

OK on your 4th post ever your trying to sell us something ???

&%$#@! off!!!

Just my strong opinion, do what you want with it!!!

Is that a euphemism for a sweet blow jay?

:thinking: .................................................................................. :naughty:  :foul: