Yz125 frustration

K so I just rebuilt my yz125 and I started it up it worked great so I did the break in start ups and went to put it in gear and it is stuck in one of the upper gears and I have no nuetral and when I find nuetral the transmission locks up and it won't kick over so what is the problem cuz I have to fix it ASAP

Please help thanks

You need to get back inside that engine, as you've assembled something wrong probably. When you put it back together, you should try and "shift" the tranny thru all of the gears before reinstalling the engine in the frame. You will have to rotate the countershaft sprocket by hand while you "shift" thru the gears, but it will go, if all is well within. Use your manual!!!

• Like 1

Full

Yeah it sounds like the transmission wasnt put back together correctly (it happens), did you spin the gears to make sure they dont get caught up before putting the cases back together? 

I know it sounds shitty but it sounds like youll have to resplit and put the tranny back together properly.

Yeah it sounds like the transmission wasnt put back together correctly (it happens), did you spin the gears to make sure they dont get caught up before putting the cases back together?

I know it sounds shitty but it sounds like youll have to resplit and put the tranny back together properly.

Well I just got off the phone with yamaha and they said that the shifting mechanism is out of sink so I don't have to split the cases thank god