Sign in to follow this  

CRF 150f new guy...

I know this has been cover a zillion times I'm sure, and I've done a little research myself, but really only covered a few basics.

Been around dirt bikes my whole life. Raced for over 25 years. Been doing the pit bike thing for the last 5 or 6 years now. Currently race a stk/mod 110. I want to build a bigger mini now. I've seen a few really cool modified CRF 150f floating around. I want to build one myself.

I see that BBR has a big bore kit... If you can find one. And Engines Only has one too. I also see that if I buy an older 150f I can put the top end I a 230 on it. I also know that CR 85 forks bolt right up? Am I correct on that?

Now for my questions. Does the CR85 shock bolt on? If not what mods need to be done? Also what year do most recommend to build off of? Older with a kick start or newer? Any other tips or ideas are welcome!!

What cr85 shock should I run? Standard or the longer expert shock? I'm building a CRF 150f conversion.

Go with an 06 or newer bike with electric start and do the Engines Only 225cc big bore kit, it's a bolt on kit.

The kickstart 03-05 motors tend to brake the kickstart gears when you bump up the compression and but a big bore kit.

I would do a Fox or Works shock as they are new and come already valves and sprung for the 150f. Using a used 85 shock you will need a revalve and rebuild along with a heavier spring. About the same cost as a works or Fox shock by time your done.