need a front tire for Oklahoma gold rush, opinions?

Hey guys, i have a yz125 with a trials tire on the rear and a s12xc on the front, they both lasted really welk but im looking for a front tire that can tackle the gold rush, i will be racing (in order from most to least) sand, small-medium rocks, asphalt, hard pack and some mud. What would you recommend?

By the way, its pretty much 50/50 wide open and single track. Im sold on a dunlop trials tire on the rear, and i have a tubliss set up

Hey guys, i have a yz125 with a trials tire on the rear and a s12xc on the front, they both lasted really welk but im looking for a front tire that can tackle the gold rush, i will be racing (in order from most to least) sand, small-medium rocks, asphalt, hard pack and some mud. What would you recommend?

I have run alot of tires and come back to the Mich. s They may not last as long as some, but I dont care. For me its a good all round tire esp. on hard pan. Whats the goldrush?

any good intermediate terrain tire wil work good for you. personally i run the Moto Z  IT  series tires, they work very good in hard terrain, pretty good in soft terrain and they last unbelievably long.

have you raced the gold rush in the past?

here.......

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Product/motoz-tractionator-enduro-i-t-front-tire/908-080-100-21.aspx

A lot of people dont know about these tires yet and im sure most people who have never tried one would discourage you from buying one but i guarantee you most everyone that has tried one would reccomend them. 

Edited by rbm33

I have run it twice before, first time was with geomax 51s on a 150r and they were beyond done before the end of Sunday. And last year i rode a 250x with Bridgestone 403/404 and i hated them, but i didn't really favor the bike itself. I race every race available in the weekend. (Sat am race, 3hr ironman, motocross race, Sunday am/pro race and two supermoto races)

I must say that i raced the hare scrambles series here in Oklahoma with my s12 and loved it, But I've only had it on this bike

The s12 is a pretty good tire, actually i ran that for years before discovering the Motoz tires. the s12 will work a little better in the sand but not nearly as good in the hard stuff, and the life of the motoz will be at least double that of the s12. also the performance of the s12 seems to drop off after a littler wear where the motoz will still perform well.

I must say that i raced the hare scrambles series here in Oklahoma with my s12 and loved it, But I've only had it on this bike

I really ride pretty tender. So the s12 had has matching tread life to my trials tire, but it worries me because i rode a week ago on some asphalt and it wore very quickly. I will probably give the moto a try

i raced the hare scrambles series myself this year.  my motoz tires did pretty well on all the track we had this year, actually its the same set of  tires i ran all last season too.

Cool Cool. I'll see you next weekend then

Whats the goldrush?

The best race ever! Its like a huge hare scramble race that is three days, includes a mile of a road race track called hallet, then a motocross track then into the woods!