Is it normal.....

Is it normal for a dealer to tack on a pile of fees on top an advertised price? I contacted Santa Barbara Yamaha because they advertised a new 2012 WR450f for $6300. When I called they said that didn't include fees for assembly and shipping which pushed the price up around another $1000. Really? $500 or so in shipping/destination and $300+ in assembly.....and tax on top of that. It makes the bike close to $8000 otd. I'm thinking that's not the greatest deal ever on a 2012. Am I cheap and wrong? I'm use to calling LA Honda and getting an OTD price. The guy at Yamaha would not give me a ball park and expected me to drive 100 miles or more to the store. HA!

Yes. It happens on everything, cars, bikes, snowblowers. Everything. They try to stick the price as low as possible so you buy new but it's a trap. Pay $8000 for that out the door and have fun trying to even get 6 for it on kijiji the next day without riding it. You just threw out $2000 that could have been spent rigging up the bike the way you want it.