Colorado Hate thieves

Stolen last night: All my riding gear!

Brand new Scorpion exo Helmet with Oakley goggles

EVS G6 Ballistic Jersey 4x

Klim Dakar pants 38 long

Liquid Image goggles

Gaerne GX1 size 13

Klim Dakar Gloves X2 pair

along with GPS and Ipod. Left the cash, the stereo, hell the keys were in it. Never been this effen mad.

Stolen from in front of my house in Buena Vista

Been  to both pawn shops in the county. Police reports done and been to the consignment shops. A@@holes is about all i can say

Stolen last night: All my riding gear!

Brand new Scorpion exo Helmet with Oakley goggles

EVS G6 Ballistic Jersey 4x

Klim Dakar pants 38 long

Liquid Image goggles

Gaerne GX1 size 13

Klim Dakar Gloves X2 pair

along with GPS and Ipod. Left the cash, the stereo, hell the keys were in it. Never been this effen mad.

Stolen from in front of my house in Buena Vista

Don,

I hate to hear you got ripped off... nothing I hate more than a thief, especially a bike thief. In your case, since you left the keys in the vehicle the insurance will not cover the loss. Keep a close eye on Craigslist in your surrounding area, most of the time thieves will post stolen items on CL, and hope someone buys them quickly. Have your friends and family help keep a close watch on CL..  

Please keep us posted. Let us know if you recover the items, or find out who took the stuff.

Hope you get the gear back.

JL 

All that gear is just my size....hmmmn

Sorry Don. Feel your pain, ive been burglarized 6 times this year: truck three times, house once and wifes Jeep twice. Everything now has alarms, and the alarms call my cell phone. They never got jack squat except the tires from the truck n Jeep, mostly just caused damage and got spare change and electronics.

Even had one fool try to break in while we were sleeping. Wife stopped me from pulling the trigger, probably a good thing. He got smacked around a little, but he was too drunk to feel it.

Hope u get your gear back.

Agreed- theives suck

All that gear is just my size....hmmmn

Sorry Don. Feel your pain, ive been burglarized 6 times this year: truck three times, house once and wifes Jeep twice. Everything now has alarms, and the alarms call my cell phone. They never got jack squat except the tires from the truck n Jeep, mostly just caused damage and got spare change and electronics.

Even had one fool try to break in while we were sleeping. Wife stopped me from pulling the trigger, probably a good thing. He got smacked around a little, but he was too drunk to feel it.

Hope u get your gear back.

Agreed- theives suck

Jesus Christ 6 times?  Where the hell do you live BP?

I always read these stories about other places and think Thank God I live in Colorado where this shit doesnt happen except in the bad parts of the big cities.  I figured BV was safe where most people know each other and where most people are armed.

Live in Denver, Platt Park.  It's a nice area too, we just hit hard last year.

We had the unfortunate luck to be lumped into a police district with all the riff-raff along Federal Blvd.  Cops spent all their time and energy in that area.  I actually live one block away from a patrol officer too.  His wife's purse was stolen one day as well.  It got so that one guy felt sooo bad for us that he would sit in front of my house nearly everyday while he did his paperwork.  When the cops know your name is bad....even if your not a criminal and go to work every day.  We actually had one of the largest drug seizures in Denver happen at the Walgreens parking lot nearby. Junkies and thieves.....

It's gotten much better since the districts were realigned and they started hiring again. Viper car alarms have helped, ALOT.

I really, deeply considered selling and moving uphill.  I had dreams of a sniper turret and explosives before reality set it- our lives are in Denver.  Still, to this day, wife and I talk about the Bailey area.  She finds land and cabins to look at all the time, but hell, you got hit in small town USA.

It's just galling: go to work hard everyday, pay the taxes, be neighborly, help others out and get what little you have taken by some f**kup.  And when they finally get caught they're out a day later, sent to diversion and are back doing the same jacked up thing again by Tuesday.  Why did we ever stop lopping off thieves hands and hanging "rustlers" from the nearest tree?  Have to ask my grandfather, I think that was still happening in his day.

Sorry to go off.....but I think that was your point too: I hate thieves

Bryan

Edited by Big Pollock

Bryan,

I totally understand your rant or going off (not that I consider what you said any of that).  Glad to hear it is improving.  Crime can really destroy a neighborhood and a community.  You might not need to move into the foothils, just get to the suburbs of Denver.  They aren't crime free but the neighbors care and the city or county officials are held accountable to provide protection.  Denver doesnt have the police presence that we have in the suburbs.

We moved to the DTC area in 1993 and it has felt safe that whole time.  I was carjacked and kidnapped at gunpoint in 1991 from my own driveway while working in my garage when we lived on east side of Denver near Monaco & Alameda.  I was jumpy for years after that and wouldnt work on cars/motorcycles in my garage unless the door was down.  Now I can work comfortably in my own garage & driveway.  I am not foolish enough to believe crime cant/doesnt occur here, but it isnt at the front of my mind like it was when we were living in the city & county of Denver.

Tell your wife to keep looking for land in Park County.  Nothing other than money, stopping you guys from having land up in the mountains with the idea that it can be vacation property or ultimately an alternative to the city life. But, the suburbs are another opportunity as well and would keep you in the Denver Metro area.

Mike

Thanks SilvFox.... we'll buy a piece of the mountains soon.  Carjacked at home? Ouch....

Flywheels, was that you that had your new 300 stolen?  That's even worse than Don's gear being swiped.  Have you had any luck getting it back?

Bryan

+1 on the burbs (the right ones). I get uncomfortable working on my stuff with the door open. But I chose a cul de sac and people that don't belong there stand out like a sore thumb. I can usually see them coming in time to reach for metric hardware I keep in the garage(9mm) thankfully I have never had the displeasure. to the OP, sorry about the lost items. nothing feels worse than being stolen from.

Flywheels, was that you that had your new 300 stolen?  That's even worse than Don's gear being swiped.  Have you had any luck getting it back?

Bryan

Yes, that's me.  Just thinking about her being molested by the sticky fingers make me furious every night.

Thought id update. Cop called me yesterday to tell me they have a suspect but nothing further. Lliving in bv i felt comfortable and safe.More than i did in pheonix for sure. Been leaving my gear in my truck for a year as somedays i like to get out of the trash truck and go blow off steam . Purchaseed new boots braces and goggles. Screw that prick I am in the dirt again