Sign in to follow this  

Seat foam density comparisons to EE tall soft

I have an 02 YZ 250 that has a tall firm (hard!) Guts seat on it. I have had many tall soft Enduro Engineering seats on my KTMs and am looking for either a new seat completely or new foam and a cover. The important thing is the foam. I want it to be as close to the EE tall soft as possible.

I have an upholstery staple gun and can fit it myself.

I also don't really care for how narrow the Guts is on top and would like something a little wider (wish an XR 650L seat would fit).

I don't mind the tall firm for racing but when I am riding with the 10 and 12 year olds I have to set for hours and cant take it anymore.

Thanks

guts rep told me::

hard = stk ktm

standard = stk crf

soft = stk XR

If you go soft I'd go tall so you don't bottom on the pan, 1 if your heavy and 2 if your tall and sit back farther into the thinner part of the seat.   Also some of the tall cuts are narrower at the top which some don't like, preferring a wider base in a standard firmer foam.   choices.

Edited by highmarker

I called sdg and talked to them about what I am after and he said he was going to find me a good foam between soft and firm. Nice to talk to someone rather than just picking one off a website listing. Sdg it is. Ill report what I find out