Sign in to follow this  

Trouble finding 2003 450 EXC reflective headlight assembly - Help!

It appears finding the Holy Grail is easier than finding the reflective headlight assembly that the bulb slides into - 2003 KTM 450 EXC.  Mine has 50% of the reflective coating faded / stripped away - showing the black background (not very reflective!). Can anyone direct me?

Anyone else have one in great shape I can buy off them?

If you can swing the ducats buy a baja designs setup. The oem one on my 08 was awful, the BD is phenomenal.

+1 on this, the BD replacement is a much better glass lens vs plastic and the optics are better. While I haven't tested it I hear it can withstand high watt bulbs better as well.

Bruce

I got the squadron LED so it replaced the whole mess of the stocker.  The 08 and I hear newer are awful lights, I saw somewhere that the square ones can be retrofitted with an h4 bulb.  still nothing compared to the 4300 lumens of the LED.

None on ebay??

Thanks guys - appreciate the help and direction. I'll look into the after-market ones you mention!

I use the BD unit in a stock black mask. Works great, fits right up and no issues with a 85/80 H4 bulb melting anything.

IMAG0242_zpsde860269.jpg

• Like 2

michigan400, what are those round auxiliary lights you have and how do they work? 

What kind of mounts are those?

I was thinking of doing something like that to get some extra fill.

michigan400, what are those round auxiliary lights you have and how do they work? 

What kind of mounts are those?

I was thinking of doing something like that to get some extra fill.

Got them from Darryl at Cyclops Adventure. Basically same thing as VisionX prime 10W. Good fill, not much distance (pretty bright out to 150-200ft.) and they are the marrow beam (10 degree). Nice and light and built solid. My halogen high beam goes out there good but is narrow. These fill out around you good and the comfort factor goes waaaay up if your on a dark ass back road.

Mounted with a pc. of 1" x 1" aluminum angle bolted to barkbusters.

• Like 1