IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

TTR230, Found Some Good Jetting Info and Options,...

After doing a little research I found that the Yamaha XT350 dirt bike from 1985-2000 actually takes the same TK carb main jets as the 230, I found a seller on ebay that has a kit with jets ranging from 128.5 - 130 - 135 - 140 with the factory main size being 125 just like the TTR230's. This should give anyone that's unsure of what jet part numbers to order another option. Here is a link for anyone that may be interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111126814211?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Edited by Dirt Racer
  • Like 1

And the Pilot Jet is the same one too for the TTR230 as also found on this old TT, and even the old SR models from the mid 80s. 

FWIW, I just purchased these two jets off Partzilla. They show as being compatible with the TTR230 but I haven't had the chance to install them yet. If anyone can validate that these are indeed the correct jets before I waste my time on the clunky install, that would be much appreciated. ;)

#288-14343-65-00 JET, MAIN #130

#43F-14342-19-00 JET, PILOT #38

FWIW, I just purchased these two jets off Partzilla. They show as being compatible with the TTR230 but I haven't had the chance to install them yet. If anyone can validate that these are indeed the correct jets before I waste my time on the clunky install, that would be much appreciated. ;)

#288-14343-65-00 JET, MAIN #130

#43F-14342-19-00 JET, PILOT #38

There is already a sticky on this info at the top of the TTR forum- http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/342740-tt-r-225-and-tt-r-230-mods-thread/page-5   - I usually find them cheaper on amazon or ebay. The removal of carb and jet install is pretty darn easy. Most importantly, you'll want to drill out the brass cap over the idle mixture screw and set it per the thread sticky. makes a huge diff on starting the bike.  the airbox mod and pulling the muffler baffle are also very worthwhile especially since you are re-jetting.

Edited by LA_Thump

There is already a sticky on this info at the top of the TTR forum- http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/342740-tt-r-225-and-tt-r-230-mods-thread/page-5   - I usually find them cheaper on amazon or ebay. The removal of carb and jet install is pretty darn easy. Most importantly, you'll want to drill out the brass cap over the idle mixture screw and set it per the thread sticky. makes a huge diff on starting the bike.  the airbox mod and pulling the muffler baffle are also very worthwhile especially since you are re-jetting.

Yes, I've read all the threads and understand the steps. And the price of these was negligible. I was just looking to see if anyone could confirm that I bought the right parts.