Sign in to follow this  

xr 600 "RR" ? difference

hey guys i have 2 xr 600's one is a 96 xr600 "R" , and one is a 96 xr 600 RR, and it has inverted forks different rear shock and has tons more power and sounds  insane! i can smoke my friend on his cr 500!:) can any one give me any information on  this and what the diferences are? 

i thought the same thine but it is stammed xr600rr on the front tag that says the year and on the sub frame and the front of the main frame mayby a prototype? i no rr stands for "race ready" 

i talked to my local honda shop about and they think it was a bike built for a factory honda race team for racing  baja 

hey guys i have 2 xr 600's one is a 96 xr600 "R" , and one is a 96 xr 600 RR, and it has inverted forks different rear shock and has tons more power and sounds  insane! i can smoke my friend on his cr 500! :) can any one give me any information on  this and what the diferences are? 

You say it can smoke your friend on his cr500? Can your buddy ride? Whats wrong with the cr500? Since that cr has 60-63 hp at the crank and is a LOT lighter, im guessing that xr600 would have to be making about 80+hp at the crank to to smoke it.

• Like 1

Something sounds a little odd here.  There isn't a stock or modified XR that can out drag a CR500.  There is just too much of a Horsepower and weight different.  And if it was a factory racer, there would be a lot of parts marked with HRC.  Look for those.

Can you post a picture of the bike?  I think some of us are a bit curious.

i noo i think it is mainly cause of the gearing he pulls me for a bit but i pass him every time and he is a ok rider but like i no what a stock xr feels like and this jsut for some reason dosent not seem like the same motor at alll it feelslike it pulls alot harder

pull way harder 

Who knows.  Somebody could have but a different cam and carb on it, airbox mods, different exhaust. It doesn;t take much t wake up a stock XR600.

I do know from experience that factory race bike, street or dirt, very rarely made it out of California except to go to the races.  Once they were done, if they had any HRC involvement, those parts came off and went back to R&D in Japan.  Not always, but most of the time.

Either way, sounds like you have a great bike.  I sure wouldn't get rid of it, or even trade it.  take care of it and run as long as she will go.

Always seems to be these blokes from "up north" making claims of huge horsepower and lightweight..Brian do you know them.. :lol:

Edited by Horri
  • Like 1

Take a look here. http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0600/xr600/xr600.htm Pretty sure the second r is just the designation for the model year that being a 94. As for it being fast I've seen some real fast XRs and some slow CRs. Not too difficult to get mid 50s rwhp from a massaged XR600+. 60hp power up takes buckets full of $$ more but can still be done. 1 hp per cubic inch with a 4 stroke is easy to achieve. 2 hp per inch is done pretty often with pushrod engines. A 600 is 40 ci. Times 2 would equal 80 hp. It's definitely not beyond the realm of possibility. 84-89 CRS were the most power with 90 on being in the mid 50ish rwhp area as well. A CR500 can push over 100 hp but they're pretty much useless anywhere but sand racing or oval track carts. I've owned many of each. XRs often can beat CRs after they pass 60-70 mph when a CR generally runs out of gears and the XR is just hitting 4th. CRs are violent vicious machines and it takes a good rider to use all they got. On the right surface I can see an XR getting traction and going while a CR simply digs a trench and throws dirt 50 feet out the back.

Edited by valvesrule