Drop in gas tank filters

I'm looking for the type that set in the top of the tank and are held in place by the gas cap, also which ones do you recommend? I've been searching TT and online Google and only been able to find a couple places that make them. The most common one I find is the Twin Air but it seems to have poor reviews. Splitstream seems to have good ratings but they don't make one for my bike (13' WR450). Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

The in-tank filter socks make filling the tank a 10 minute hassle

You can filter your gas with a paint filter funnel which is much easier to see and handle.

The in-tank filter socks make filling the tank a 10 minute hassle

You can filter your gas with a paint filter funnel which is much easier to see and handle.

That would work from the garage but then I would have to carry that with me. Its a thought but would really like something I can drop in the tank and not have to worry about.

I bought the twin air for my 13 kx450f and love it! i dont know what the other guy is talking about saying it makes it a 10 min job! its no harder!

I bought the twin air for my 13 kx450f and love it! i dont know what the other guy is talking about saying it makes it a 10 min job! its no harder!

How long have you had it? One of reviews on RM was that it fell apart in his tank and that he had to pull the tank and clean it out. That was why I was hesitating on the Twin Air one.

How long have you had it? One of reviews on RM was that it fell apart in his tank and that he had to pull the tank and clean it out. That was why I was hesitating on the Twin Air one.

oh really? I have had mine for a little over 2 months. how long did he have it before it fell apart?

i didn't even do any research on it. i read an article by John Basher about what he did to mod his 2013 kx450f and he recommended getting a twin air fuel filter

Be careful if you have an IMS tank. Neither the Twin Air or Split Stream one will fit.

oh really?

I have had mine for a little over 2 months. how long did he have it before it fell apart?

It didn't say but sounded like it happened pretty quick so maybe it was just faulty.

i didn't even do any research on it. i read an article by John Basher about what he did to mod his 2013 kx450f and he recommended getting a twin air fuel filter

I think they are a good pre filter type especially for the FI bikes. With the Yamaha non replaceable type I feel it is needed.