Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Redbud Open Rides Q's!

Just wonderin if any of you guys have ridden these?

We are plannin to go Sunday, and I have never ridden there (just went for the National). I see they have an expert/novice/30+ class. Not sure which to go in? I ride C usually, but do frequent tracks for practices and occasional races. I can stay on the bike, jump stuff I feel comfortable with, etc.  I am also 31, so I COULD do 30+...however I was wondering if this is ALL A/B/C and really wont make much difference over riding just Expert class since I have a friend who is going (under 30) who has to decide between Expert/Novice. I just dont want to go in Novice and it end up being literally "noobs" either.

Anyhow, I guess what I am looking for is a lil better definition of the classes. Thanks.

Edited by J_WR2fitty

I think you have to have an AMA or GLMX card to sign up for anything other than novice. The novice class is all over the map, some guys fly, and some are just in the way.

I think you have to have an AMA or GLMX card to sign up for anything other than novice. The novice class is all over the map, some guys fly, and some are just in the way.

Gotcha, I have AMA/D14 cards. I have raced a couple HS this year, and one MX race. I ride track practice frequently as I said. I bought the membership originally to ride HS in the spring, had fun on the tracks during them, and got back into that as well. I did email Redbud and they told me there is A/B THEN C/Novice really. OR I could ride the vet classes. They said there are guys in C/Novice who try to jump some of the stuff...and the vet class still has some guys who can do stuff too. So imo it sounds like a toss up. Im real comfortable with the soil type there....dont mind ruts and like corners. I just dunno what I will do for jumps until I mock a few up and see how its goin. Just dont want to be a hindrance to fast guys was all I was trying to avoid. I mean, at track practice I am not the FAST guy in the class, but I can do aight once I know the track.

Edited by J_WR2fitty