RMX 250 rear tyre

Hey guys, haven't been on here in years but pulled the trusty RMX out of storage and got the bug again.

As expected, my rear tyre is shot.

My question is, is there any downside to fitting a 110/80-18 in place of a 110/100-18? I understand the dimensional differences in sidewall and therefore diameter. I just wondered what the consequences are, if any???

Hey guys, haven't been on here in years but pulled the trusty RMX out of storage and got the bug again.

As expected, my rear tyre is shot.

My question is, is there any downside to fitting a 110/80-18 in place of a 110/100-18? I understand the dimensional differences in sidewall and therefore diameter. I just wondered what the consequences are, if any???

If you already know the difference, why ask? ;)

Will your bike roll?  Yes.

Will it hurt your bike?  No.  

Hurt the ride?  Possibly.  less sidewall reduces the flex/grip afforded to 18" wheel setups/woods riding.

There is no real performance advantage to doing it.  Do you have that particular tire laying around?  Toss it on and wear it out. :)  next tire you buy get a stock size.

No real reason for doing it other than some very cheap 110/80's going around.

I will give one a go, my only worry is pich flats

Less sidewall usually needs higher air pressure than normal.  Taking away some of the advantage of an 18" rear wheel.