AC717

Thanks Guys! TT is my morning hangout while having coffee and my nightly chillin lounge to shoot the bull about zuk's. I have a lot of fun with these bikes and like to try out different stuff. I try to offer as much help as I can and give honest opinions on things. Awesome goup of people in the RMZ forums. Hope I have been a help to others and I appreciate the help I have received here.

• Like 4

There are a few members that have been extremely helpful while I have been trying to learn the new bike. Just wish there was a little more activity in here. I came over from the Yami 2 stroke forum where there were 50 new threads daily. Kept me busy as I was able to participate more but also helped me to learn everything there is to know about the bike. 

I feel like a total Newb again when it comes to this RMZ, its like talking to someone speaking a foreign language. 

• Like 2

Thanks Guys! TT is my morning hangout while having coffee and my nightly chillin lounge to shoot the bull about zuk's. I have a lot of fun with these bikes and like to try out different stuff. I try to offer as much help as I can and give honest opinions on things. Awesome goup of people in the RMZ forums. Hope I have been a help to others and I appreciate the help I have received here.

yes sir, thank you AC.. you have helped me tremendously with my build.. you have also saved me from making some costly bad decisions
  • Like 1

You are right. I have been on TT since March 04 and began with the CRF250.....man you couldn't keep up with the activity it was awesome! Little different now but you are definitely appreciated here Dubbs....definitely enjoy the build thread. ?

Thanks... I like to chime in on the little that I do know, and I like giving feedback on things that I am experiencing for the first time and are new to me. It's coming to me quick so I havn't had much difficulty throughout my build, but every issue and stupid question I have had was answered quickly and without anyone feeling the need to belittle me for asking the stupid questions. It is very much appreciated. ?

Seems like this place is full of trolls that want to do nothing but tell you what you should be doing with your bike because I am not a pro rider or something along those lines, rather than enjoy and benefit from what is being offered on the site already. The 5 people in this thread so far have been very helpful along the way and kept me here because I thought it was nothing but the trolls at first. It wasn't like that when I first joined the site.

• Like 1

Thanks... I like to chime in on the little that I do know, and I like giving feedback on things that I am experiencing for the first time and are new to me. It's coming to me quick so I havn't had much difficulty throughout my build, but every issue and stupid question I have had was answered quickly and without anyone feeling the need to belittle me for asking the stupid questions. It is very much appreciated. ?

Seems like this place is full of trolls that want to do nothing but tell you what you should be doing with your bike because I am not a pro rider or something along those lines, rather than enjoy and benefit from what is being offered on the site already. The 5 people in this thread so far have been very helpful along the way and kept me here because I thought it was nothing but the trolls at first. It wasn't like that when I first joined the site.

we can call um out.. TROY LEE ROOSTA, THE DOSH, AND MEYERMETAL. Bdubb I do enjoy checking put your 450 build though.. gonna be sick
  • Like 1

There are a few members that have been extremely helpful while I have been trying to learn the new bike. Just wish there was a little more activity in here. I came over from the Yami 2 stroke forum where there were 50 new threads daily. Kept me busy as I was able to participate more but also helped me to learn everything there is to know about the bike. 

I feel like a total Newb again when it comes to this RMZ, its like talking to someone speaking a foreign language. 

This statement is me too! A high powered 450 four stroke to me is a totally different ride than a 250 two stroke. The biggest thing is the traction! They just hook-up!

The one problem we have that affects this forum is Suzuki's woes. They have not produced a lot of bikes and the other problem is the aftermarket. There isn't a lot of products for our bikes like there is for the other bike and the parts that are out there don't get the press that the other bikes get! Look at MXA for example they had full blown Yoshimura CRF 450 test this year, but nobody has a full blown test on a Yoshimura RMZ 450 The bike that factory Suzuki runs? Why is that? I'm just using this as an example!

• Like 1

This statement is me too! A high powered 450 four stroke to me is a totally different ride than a 250 two stroke. The biggest thing is the traction! They just hook-up!

The one problem we have that affects this forum is Suzuki's woes. They have not produced a lot of bikes and the other problem is the aftermarket. There isn't a lot of products for our bikes like there is for the other bike and the parts that are out there don't get the press that the other bikes get! Look at MXA for example they had full blown Yoshimura CRF 450 test this year, but nobody has a full blown test on a Yoshimura RMZ 450 The bike that factory Suzuki runs? Why is that? I'm just using this as an example!

You are correct, anyone that says it is an easy transition is one of two things. A. a LIAR, or B. a very skilled rider. The two bikes could not be more different. 

I think its because like you said, they are few and far between. They don't see the need to do it since not as many people ride them. It's more marketable for the mags to go after the majority (IE. CRF and Kawi riders, hell they even did a JGR Yami review). They did test RC's LL RCH bike though. That thing is as close to factory as we will get. 

Obviously this is just my opinion, but I don't need all the bling parts... Yosh is enough for the RMZ. Anything of any sort of "function" part that Yosh does not offer, is avail from someone else for the RMZ so I can live with that. Yosh has a really good package put together for the average rider that wants to have a top performing bike. I feel that it is the best platform right out of the box for the average rider and Yosh offers every service you could possibly want to make it a National level bike if you are one of the few that are skilled enough to use it or are just a weekend warrior like myself and just wants the power to be placed where it is usable and fits into your style. Honestly, none of the 450's need a thing to be competitive but if you want that little edge it is avail. at a decent price. Obviously it is avail for every bike but that is all the Zuke really needs to be a VERY good bike.

Edited by BDubb106

What do you guys wish was available for our bikes? As for the forum-we have a good group of members and some very knowledgeable people in the community to ask input. Lseca has a great build going. I would like to have a sticky with common troubleshooting tips. I see a lot of my bike is hard to start or sputters, how to make bike handle, etc. Common tips could be put into a sticky for everyone to reference. When I do a search, there aee some really helpful topics here but have been long gone. Maybe we can speak to bryan bosch on setting us up with more friendly info to new comers in our section.

• Like 2

Very true Joe... And that Yosh CRF was being tested at the end of 12 to make the Feb13 issue. I mean they were just all over it....then they followed with the Pro Circuit.

MXA and Pro-circuit have a very close relationship! Pro-circuit doesn't have a problem having their bikes tested that's for sure, but there is a lot of companies that do porting that never get any ink that you know do a good job, but we never get reviews of these companies.

What do you guys wish was available for our bikes? As for the forum-we have a good group of members and some very knowledgeable people in the community to ask input. Lseca has a great build going. I would like to have a sticky with common troubleshooting tips. I see a lot of my bike is hard to start or sputters, how to make bike handle, etc. Common tips could be put into a sticky for everyone to reference. When I do a search, there aee some really helpful topics here but have been long gone. Maybe we can speak to bryan bosch on setting us up with more friendly info to new comers in our section.

These bikes are hard to start and there is no real fix that I have found for that. Another thing that I've found is a lot of companies want you to buy a suspension link plus get the suspension revalved to fix the suspension? Is that really needed? I don't know?

I added a Rekluse clutch, but for some reason I've had my bike just shut off (stall) for no reason. I've read here that I should turn the idle up. There is good reading on here AC , but I think BDubb's point was not as much as the other forums!