No-Toil --- water passing through

Anyone had an issue with No-Toil letting water pass through when cleaning the bike?

I keep finding water behind my filter after washing it. Not seeing dust, or anything like that in there so I know it's sealing properly around the edges.

Love the simplicity of No-Toil, but I never had water come through with belray.

Any suggestions? Maybe more oil on the filter?

Put a bag over the filter. Or try not to spray in the box. Always change the filter after every ride anyways, especially after a wash.

put duct tape over the vents to your airbox when you wash the bike

Don't use No Toil, I use Belray or Silkolene and never have issues.  I always feel the air boot before reinstalling a clean filter, and it's always clean.

There are a lotta rides/races with water, mud, etc in Texas.  The last thing I want is for muddy water to pass through the filter so easily, that'll wreck your motor almost as fast as not putting premix oil in your gas.

No toil sucks for now more reasons than 1. In no toils defense that is possible with other oils too. My washing process includes taking the filter off before spraying and installing wash cover. Wipe water and dirt out of airbox. I reinstall seat and do not spray directly into airbox. Then before I ride it up and down road to help drying, I install a fresh filter. My wife had some elastic cling wrap dish covers that I am thinking about trying when the filter still looks super clean after a shorter ride.

Only if I power wash it. Even then it's rare. It's happened with every oil oil I've tried too.

What filter are you using?

No toil sucks for now more reasons than 1. In no toils defense that is possible with other oils too. My washing process includes taking the filter off before spraying and installing wash cover. Wipe water and dirt out of airbox. I reinstall seat and do not spray directly into airbox. Then before I ride it up and down road to help drying, I install a fresh filter. My wife had some elastic cling wrap dish covers that I am thinking about trying when the filter still looks super clean after a shorter ride.

I have 3 filters... Twin air and no-toil...

I have an actual cover that goes over the air filter hole when washing it, but water managed to get In that way too.

No problems with belray before on this... It's a lot thicker and seems to stop water, but no-toil is so simple!!!!

Put a bag over the filter. Or try not to spray in the box. Always change the filter after every ride anyways, especially after a wash.

I have an orange piece that came with the bike that is designed to cover the air filter opening, but the last time I cleaned it, water made it past it also.

I don't usually spray directly at the air filter openings, so I think it may be coming through the air box drain

If water is getting into the airbox, that's normal. If it's getting past the filter into the intake, that's a problem. If you really need to do a thourough cleaning, take the airbox off the bike.

I have 3 filters... Twin air and no-toil...

I have an actual cover that goes over the air filter hole when washing it, but water managed to get In that way too.

No problems with belray before on this... It's a lot thicker and seems to stop water, but no-toil is so simple!!!!

Are you putting the seat back on too or just spraying the airbox with the cover over the whole? Simplest isnt always the best.. I switched to belray too.

Are you putting the seat back on too or just spraying the airbox with the cover over the whole? Simplest isnt always the best.. I switched to belray too.

It's the newer style KTM so you don't remove the seat for air filter access... Just pop off a side cover. I still put the cover back on to wash it though.

I think it's the no-toil... Never had this issue with belray, or PJ1

Only if I power wash it. Even then it's rare. It's happened with every oil oil I've tried too.

What filter are you using?

IMHO power washing bikes is a waste of time.  I use sponge, bucket of water and hose.  Much more effective.

My buddy once spent $27.00 at the carwash spraying mud off his bikes.  I was done with mine in less time and did a better job cleaning.  I don't care about the bearings, as long as you maintain your shtuff your bike will be fine after power washing it. 

You're right in most cases.

But after a desert race weekend it's easier just to stop off at the car wash and blast everything down. Bikes, truck, and trailer if you brought it are all a mess and all of it is packaged right there for a quick once over.

Of note: My driveway is dirt so if I use the hose at home I just make more of a mess, and the well water leaves a residue. Probably move next year.

Crazy!  But I'curious... if water can't get through your filter how do you expect air to get through it?

like I said earlier. Before you wash the bike, put some duct tape over the airbox inlets on the sides of the bike. Problem solved

+1

Use masking tape over the vents and you won't have the gooey duct tape residue. Also, tape over the gap between your throttle housing and grip to keep water and mud from getting into your throttle.

I use the blue painters tape, it's wider, no residue and you can keep reusing the same pieces.  I just peel them off and stick them on the trailer wall.

Never had an issue with water passing through, been using No-Toil since 2002.

I find that water based filter oils don't repel water as well as oil based oils. However, oil based are a lot harder to clean off.

I use no toil and haven't had that problem. How many psi does your pressure washer have? Mine isn't the industrial type and i go easy on the bike.