Sign in to follow this  

Tried a B-King.......What's my Z worth?

Hello all,

Considering jumping ship after 6 years of reliable service from my 07 SM.  Made the mistake of trying a B-King for a week.  Needless to say, getting off 180+hp and jumping back on old reliable was disappointing.  Found a deal on an 08 B-King with low mileage and was wondering what I may expect to see for my bike;

2007 SM - Black (Original owner)

33,000 kms.

Oil and filter changed religiously at 1,600 km intervals with only Motul 300v full syn

Full Yosh RS-2 Stainless Exhaust

Milenium 440 BB kit

FCR 39mm Carb

Carpenter racing LTZ head porting job

RHC single piece valves

Hot Cams Stg 1 cams

3x3 mod

BMC Filter

Zeta pivot levers

Zeta handuards with integrated LED flashers

Aftermarket N-Style gripper sear

New battery

Bike is clean...1 little dent in the tank from my knee (Almost not noticeable).

I love my Z, and probably should have known better than to scratch the itch but I can't get over how responsive and easy it is to ride the B-King. 

Can anyone give me an idea of what I could reasonably ask for and expect for my Z?

Thanks,

Rob

What anyone here thinks it's worth means little.. What are people in your area paying for a 6 year old DRZ SM,, thats the question.. And it's only really answered by you with research in other like items sold in the same area you want to sell yours in.

As always, you'll see more $$ in your pocket by removing all the aftermarket parts and selling them separately... then sell the bike stock, assuming you have all the OEM parts removed.

• Like 2

Some kind of rocket launcher... ???

that would be pretty cool but I hope it's not the exhaust because it looks like ass

That's the stock pipe, but as with all bikes there are many more appealing aftermarket options.

• Like 1

that would be pretty cool but I hope it's not the exhaust because it looks like ass

I would agree, not the best looking exhaust system, actually not very good looking at all.

The bike looks like it should have been in one of the Transformer movies and it would turn into some big robot (with a rocket launcher...)

• Like 1

That's the stock pipe, but as with all bikes there are many more appealing aftermarket options.

i hear ya actually I cannot stand the look of a hyabusa with fairings but the naked looks pretty good

I've had them all over the years, and today I wouldn't be caught dead near any other bike than the Z. So sleep over it.

I rode a B king and it was like being launched out of a cannon. It has vicious power and is a monster from stop light to stop light.

Lot's of the busa pars can be used on it as it is the same motor.

It does not handle all that well but is you want an upright ride and rocket ship power its your bike.

They look night and day when you dump the exhaust.

Is your SM blue?  if so,  can you please post up some pics,   a BLUE SM from Canada,  2007 model is the rarest of all DRZ'S.  

what is a b-king

i thought it was burger king...

Is your SM blue?  if so,  can you please post up some pics,   a BLUE SM from Canada,  2007 model is the rarest of all DRZ'S.  

you REALLY want a blue sm dont you? haha...

• Like 1