My new KX

Hi everyone

Im new to the forums so a very big hello to everyone :)

I recently purchased a 06 (i think) KX 250 after a  6 year absence from riding. My last bike was CRF 450R and an absolute animal, loved it to bits! But i love 2Ts more and am really happy to own one again! :)

The bike seems to be in good condition and as you can see in the picture, the frame was powercoated black by the previous owner and now i cant see the VIN number unfortunately. My next option is to get the engine ID and see what that reveals but in the meantime i wanted to ask if there were any major changes between the 05 and 06 KX 250? Knowing this would make getting parts alot easier!

Not a huge fan of the decals so plan to change them ASAP.

KX_zps0fd55a12.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

Looks clean. Welcome!

Hi everyone

Im new to the forums so a very big hello to everyone :)

I recently purchased a 06 (i think) KX 250 after a  6 year absence from riding. My last bike was CRF 450R and an absolute animal, loved it to bits! But i love 2Ts more and am really happy to own one again! :)

The bike seems to be in good condition and as you can see in the picture, the frame was powercoated black by the previous owner and now i cant see the VIN number unfortunately. My next option is to get the engine ID and see what that reveals but in the meantime i wanted to ask if there were any major changes between the 05 and 06 KX 250? Knowing this would make getting parts alot easier!

Not a huge fan of the decals so plan to change them ASAP.

KX_zps0fd55a12.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

Pretty sure you have an '05 because of the older style front rotor.

Not too much different from '05-'07. The biggest difference you'll find

between the '05 and '06-'07 is the '05 has the older style rear shock.

Other than that, they are almost the same.

There's a couple guys on here that are super sharp and will likely chime in.

Nice ride by the way! All you need to do is take those fugly graphics off! lol

Great looking bike for sure and I agree with above post,05 has a silver color shock res. and I think 06 and 07 has a light brownish color res..Check your chain,look's a bit tight.Welcome to TT and your gonna love that bike no matter what year it is.

Its comical how people are saying how bad the graphics are............I personally dont see much difference betwen those, monster energy, or metal mulisha graphics, and look how popular those are!The gauge of "cool" is measured by how well you ride, not by the blacked out graphics and the bald rear tire.

Nobody said the monster or metal mulisha graphics were cool either... I think we can all agree on that.

Best way to tell the year is by the shock. If it has no High speed comp it's 05, If it does it's 06 or newer.

The front disc you have is off a 05 but it looks like a 06 seat cover.

Either way they are great bikes and you seemed to have picked up a super clean one!

That's an aftermarket seat cover. Front rotor is 05. The rear rotor appears to be aftermarket vice a stock wavy 06-07 rear rotor. 2006-2007 were supposed to have reduced compression. Really they're all similar with incredible motors!

Send me those shrouds if you hate them. I'll use them. :busted:

Edited by shrubitup

Send me those shrouds if you hate them. I'll use them. :busted:

I'm sorta diggin' the shrouds myself. I'd have to drop a class, if I was going to race with those. I can't have the A & AA guys staring as they're lapping me.