Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know stock weight of YZ125 Chain per 100 links?

Hey looking for weight of a stock chain on a 2006 or similar year YZ125 to compare to the RK Ert Chain which weighs in at:

• Weight (per 100 links): 2.99 pounds.

Drivetrain weight makes a huge difference on this little guy so I'm just curious which is lighter, STOCK vs ERT 520 chain...

Thanks!!!

Stock is non o-ring, so you not only have less weight, but much less drag. However, i'd take the extra life and reliability any day, including the diff between aluminum and steel rear sprockets

Stock is non o-ring, so you not only have less weight, but much less drag. However, i'd take the extra life and reliability any day, including the diff between aluminum and steel rear sprockets

I want a non o-ring chain similar to the stock, RK ERT 520, DID 520 Gold Chains just because the 125's and 250f's I've owned have felt much better with the lighter simpler chain setup.  On my 450 it didn't affect the feel at all.

So I'm looking to see if anyone knows the stock weight for 100 links on the stock YZ125 chains?  Mostly out of curiosity but if it is in fact lighter I'll just run it awhile longer.

Thanks guys!

Sorry don't know stock weight but I'm willing to bet the stocker is much lighter yet much weaker. I would run it until it was done though for sure.

Edited by Bremer120
  • Like 1