Sign in to follow this  

13 kx450 PSF woods setup

I need a little advise...I bought this bike and love it! I am almost done setting it up for woods as I spend a lot of time at Cow and Middle Creek. Problem is that the forks feel harsh on down hill braking bumps...like a jackhammer. I had them set at 36psi and changed them to 32psi, figured with all the friction it would increase to 34psi. I did notice that when I lowered the psi, the forks drop. What can I do to dial these things in, not sure what is out there yet as I'm new to this system? If I can't get these figured out for a 195lb rider, I may go full replacement with Ohlins forks....rather not due to cost. Other alternative is to rob the forks off my 05 kx250 (2 stroke) that Enzo set up...don't really want to do that either.IMG950981.jpg

I though I replied yesterday but it seems not.

You should look into some lighter balance springs, I had some made about 25% softer than stock. I am 140 lbs so even at minimum pressure the forks where sprung too stiff (motocross use). Since putting in the lighter balance springs I can run pressures around 28psi without the forks 'sagging'.

Food for thought there.

• Like 1

I need a little advise...I bought this bike and love it! I am almost done setting it up for woods as I spend a lot of time at Cow and Middle Creek. Problem is that the forks feel harsh on down hill braking bumps...like a jackhammer. I had them set at 36psi and changed them to 32psi, figured with all the friction it would increase to 34psi. I did notice that when I lowered the psi, the forks drop. What can I do to dial these things in, not sure what is out there yet as I'm new to this system? If I can't get these figured out for a 195lb rider, I may go full replacement with Ohlins forks....rather not due to cost. Other alternative is to rob the forks off my 05 kx250 (2 stroke) that Enzo set up...don't really want to do that either.attachicon.gifIMG950981.jpg

try speeding up the rebound (out). mine did same thing your describing and fork was better with (36psi) and two clicks out on rebound from standard. also run sag on high side.. 105-110mm helps balance bike out.  

Sweet, I'll give it a try tomorrow...I'm so frustrated, I'm about to pull my forks off my 05 kx250 2 stroke. Had them done up by enzo.