Sign in to follow this  

I can't see

I am nearsighted . When I'm out in the dez I can't see to far out. I can see up close perfect . This is a big problem! If I wear my glassed its fine when I'm leading except to lead I have to be fast and my eyes water and I can't see. If I follow , dust prevents glasses from protecting my eyes so I can't see. I can't fit glasses under my goggles . I don't have contacts.

I need a solution . Any ideas? Special goggles? Contacts?

Help !!!

Quit riding.  It's obviously not for people like you.

I'm having taco's for dinner, and tomorrow I'm going to go swimming. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bill_P
  • Like 1

Yep, I used contacts for many years. They were good but Two years ago I got LASIK. It is unreal. So good, now riding and surfing are so much better.

• Like 2

Get LASIK like I did.

Unhelpful comment.  Please take this thread off-topic asap.  Your help is appreciated.

BTW :

changed from taco to ribs tonight.  Yum.  Dry rub.  And it's too cold for swimming.  So tomorrow i'm going to go sailing.

OP - try a swedish penis extender instead of riding.  It will help take your mind off the missed rides.  And I've heard from your significant other that it's almost mandatory for your sex life to continue.

Check out the Oakley goggles that are made for glasses, fox makes a pair too.

I need to check that out myself as well.  I drive, I wear glasses, I jump on the bike and leave them in the truck.  when the sun hits, dust, etc.. i'm blind as a bat. when speeding down a fire road, eyes water up and get out of focus bad.

• Like 1

I have to wear glasses too and went with the Oakley OTG (over the glass) L frame goggles.  They have cutouts on the side for the glasses frame and don't smash the glasses on your face like all the other goggles I'd tried.  I like the lasik idea though . . . would like to do that one of these days.  Really sucks when both your glasses and goggles fog up.  How much is the lasik proceedure these days?

• Like 1

I have to wear glasses too and went with the Oakley OTG (over the glass) L frame goggles.  They have cutouts on the side for the glasses frame and don't smash the glasses on your face like all the other goggles I'd tried.  I like the lasik idea though . . . would like to do that one of these days.  Really sucks when both your glasses and goggles fog up.  How much is the lasik proceedure these days?

I love the description on Amazon...

"Oakley's goggles can mean the difference between owning the mountain and being its two-run chump"

that's me.. a two run chump

Edited by msgtretired

hey, I can't figure this crap out.  Is there some sort of hidden code when we're supposed to take things off topic and when we're not?  Can somebody help a guy out?

hey, I can't figure this crap out.  Is there some sort of hidden code when we're supposed to take things off topic and when we're not?  Can somebody help a guy out?

Bill your starting to be so off topic, you better start complying with the new off topic law. :rant:

Edited by trailbuster

Billy's badass and I dont care, Billy's badass and I dont care, Billy's badass and I dont care......*

*sung to the tune of "Jimmy crack corn"

• Like 2

Unhelpful comment. Please take this thread off-topic asap. Your help is appreciated.

BTW :

changed from taco to ribs tonight. Yum. Dry rub. And it's too cold for swimming. So tomorrow i'm going to go sailing.

OP - try a swedish penis extender instead of riding. It will help take your mind off the missed rides. And I've heard from your significant other that it's almost mandatory for your sex life to continue.

There is a difference between funny and that guy is just a dick !

What the &%$#@! happened in your life that makes your every post some angry rant ? You used to post stuff that was cool. I guess your just becoming one of those angry get of my lawn types ! Times change people change, keep up or move out !

And if you really think that I'm part of the problem feel free to add me to your ignore list.

Bill you starting to be so off topic, you better start complying with the new off topic law. :rant:

Well that's the problem.  if you don't know the law, how can you comply with it?  I mean, I generally don't follow the rules in pretty much any aspect of life, so I'm not sure I'd comply with any off-topic regulations, but I'd at least like to know what they are.... :lol:

There are 2 companies that make prescription inserts for goggles.  I haven't tried them as I just wear my contacts when I ride without a problem.  I use the Acuvue contact lenses.  I ride with them then put them back in the contact holder until the next time I go riding.  I probably go 6 rides before I throw them away and go to another pair.

http://www.888rxgoggles.com/product_rxadapters.html

http://www.pro-vue.com/

I am pretty much blind as a bat.  Don't really know what my prescription is.  I know my contacts are a 6.5 and a 6.25.  The only reason I know the first letter on the eye chart is an "E" is cause I cheat.  I have to wear either my glasses or contacts to do anything.

Edited by kenshaw720
  • Like 1

I think LASIK is only for certain issues, you might be lucky if it fixes your problem.

And if you really think that I'm part of the problem feel free to add me to your ignore list.

Nothing personal man, don't get your panties all in a wad.  Just trying to do my part to keep up with the status quo here.... :thumbsup:

There is a difference between funny and that guy is just a dick !

PS - about 80% of posts on TT end up in the "that guy is just a dick" category.  Just sayin'....

PS - about 80% of posts on TT end up in the "that guy is just a dick" category. Just sayin'....

NO! You just don't know the people who bag on each other these days. Most that do do know the other guy ! But some have real dislike for others ill give you that.

Like I said in Bolts of topic topic , I have been guilty , I've been punished , and I have been trying to show the people who arent happy that you shouldn't be afraid to post just because EVERY person won't like it !

This place is what you make of it !!!

Now ,how do you see when your

riding ?

You still ride?

How about the guy who was moving to Sac from out of state who asked about where to ride track in that area.  New guy to the CA forum, honest question, #2 post was that Sac was a shithole.  Of course the post was by one of the usual suspects.  How is that baggin on your buddies and having "fun"?  How was it helpful to the OP.  How was my post helpful to you?

It's malicious, ill-tempered, funny to "the crew", and obnoxious to the rest.  That's just one tiny example.  There a dozens over the last couple of weeks.

It seems a lot of people here aren't that bright.  Never spent a half a minute walking in someone else's shoes.  It's not that fun when it's YOUR thread is it?

My posts were not meant as personal towards you.  They were a satirical observation of what it's like in this forum if you're not one of the 5-6 guys who have fun derailing everyone else's thread.  Go figure that some of the worst offenders would stay right on topic on this one.   :lol:  :lol:

BTW, I've been blessed with pretty good vision.  Don't need anything for riding.  Starting to get to the state where I need dime-store glasses for up close reading of small stuff these days.  But it's been a good run while it lasted.  I hope you find a solution.  I know a lot of guys use those special goggles that fit over your glasses.  Seems like a weird deal to me, but they seem to get along fine with it.  And I ride when I can.  It's been sparse lately due to a broken shoulder and re-injured broken back, but the future looks to hold significantly more riding opportunities for me.  Hopefully I'll still be able to see.... :lol:  :thumbsup:

• Like 3