Sign in to follow this  

Mystery pressure plate

Ok gurus, I'm in the middle of replacing my clutch and basket and all, and I don't even remember ordering a new hub and pressure plate, but one just appears in my garage. Great! But...when trying to put the pressure plate on, it bottoms out on the lifter before contacting the friction plate. First I thought I had put something in wrong, but finally I try the old plate and it fits just right. After looking carefully, the new plate I have is flatter on the outside, making it not go far enough to make contact with the plates. My old one is more concave, allowing it to go farther in and contact the plates. Only thing I can figure is the new plate I have must have fit the 06 I sold. I now have an 08. Anybody got the answer for this?

I think there the same....

I took my full  hinson from my 06 and put n my new 13 and 3 clutch on 06 before I sold it baskets are same the hub and pressure plate have diff numbers and guy at hinson said were diff however I plaid with different thinkness top hat washers and adjusting cable and its good to go I have 5 hours on it

To make it a little clearer, its like i have the clutch pulled in with the new plate. There's a small gap between it and the plates. Old plate fits just right. Funny tho because the plates look almost identical. I'd like to know now to sell this new plate i don't need.

I think there the same....

I took my full hinson from my 06 and put n my new 13 and 3 clutch on 06 before I sold it baskets are same the hub and pressure plate have diff numbers and guy at hinson said were diff however I plaid with different thinkness top hat washers and adjusting cable and its good to go I have 5 hours on it

I'd have to put a pretty thick washer on this one. That's something i hadn't thought of. I think its too far to correct with a washer tho.

I don't know what im thinkin. It would have to be a thinner washer. But thats not gonna work either. Its like almost 14 inch difference.

was in a hurry to get it back together and didn't take pics. The two plates are virtually identical except for one bows out a little more in the middle (the correct plate) the wrong one doesn't bow out as much and therefore, hits the clutch lifter before contacting the friction plate. Every thing else looks identical, like diameter, bolt spacing.