Running a 120/80/19 for trails? What is your favorite trails tire?

I do quite a bit of trail riding and I am looking for something new for the back tire. I was looking at the M404 and was wondering what differences Ill see with a 110/90/19 vs a 120/80/19 (will that even fit on my bike? 03 250)

Ive read that the tire hooks up great and lasts for a decent amount of time. 

What do you prefer for trail riding? 

I do quite a bit of trail riding and I am looking for something new for the back tire. I was looking at the M404 and was wondering what differences Ill see with a 110/90/19 vs a 120/80/19 (will that even fit on my bike? 03 250)

if its the stock rim which I think is 19x1.85? It'll be a pain to get a 120 on there If it'll even fit. I had a 120 on my 05 cr250 but it had a 19x2.5 rim on it from the previous owner so the tire fit perfect. And IMO I hated the 120 for woods they are terrible for turning.i bought all new rims and tires and went for the stock rim and 110 on back. Now if your straight line grass dragging its perfect hahah.

I run the maxxis desert IT.

It is super durable and takes on rocks and really rough terrain like a champ. I will say, if conditions are really dry it will want to break loose but for theArizona desert rocky single track that I do, it's perfect.

I am moving to AZ, where are you located?

I don't even know if the 120 will fit on there but I just want something that really grabs. My buddy has an 02 CR250 with a 120/x/18 and let me tell ya he can climb up a lot of stuff. 

A 120 will fit. I ride single track/woods and also had a 404 that held up good and worked good also. My suspension was out of whack so its hard for me to give a great honest review on it. 2005cr250r, a 19x2.15 is the stock rim size on a 250 2 stroke/450. The 1.85 is for a 125/250 4 stroke.

A 120 will fit. I ride single track/woods and also had a 404 that held up good and worked good also. My suspension was out of whack so its hard for me to give a great honest review on it. 2005cr250r, a 19x2.15 is the stock rim size on a 250 2 stroke/450. The 1.85 is for a 125/250 4 stroke.

Your 404 was a 120? 

I am moving to AZ, where are you located?

I don't even know if the 120 will fit on there but I just want something that really grabs. My buddy has an 02 CR250 with a 120/x/18 and let me tell ya he can climb up a lot of stuff. 

I live in Sierra Vista AZ right on the border and about an hour east of Tucson, hit me up when you get in state I'll ride with ya...and on the topic of tires I run a whatever my MX friend gives me for free hahaha, the tires usually have about 60 percent and their usually Dunlop or maxxis

I live in Sierra Vista AZ right on the border and about an hour east of Tucson, hit me up when you get in state I'll ride with ya...and on the topic of tires I run a whatever my MX friend gives me for free hahaha, the tires usually have about 60 percent and their usually Dunlop or maxxis

That would be sweet!

Hopefully I can get my 03 dialed in with this S7 nozzle I've got on the way... That, and I am looking into a new rear tire. Currently the shop has my clutch case cover and brand new Hinson basket that they said they peened the bolts in. They were all backing out when I pulled it off on Monday and 1 had already had the head sheered off and punched a hole in the cover. Hopefully they will take care of me and I will get a new basket out of this.

Edited by Blaze45

An M404 in 110/100/18 is my tire of choice , it seems to let you lay the bike over quicker and I dont notice less traction than a 120.

I have an AT81 in 110/100/18 on right now (all they had was an at81) and it has held up very well and hooks up well too.

I moving to the PHX area, but Im not sure where. Preferably Mesa, Chandler,Tempe area. I need a place that has a 2 car garage and rent is 1200 a month or less. I need to find something this week but... I have yet to find anything.  :(