Sign in to follow this  

what do you think I could sell it for?

the thought of selling her went through my head. My wife an I want a bike that is more comfortable for 2 up I cant have 2 bikes. what do you think ai could get for her?

2009 DRZ 400SM

black

new Continental conti attack SM tires 

JD jetting

3x3 mod

new fuel screw

MRD full

edge tail light

fan override switch

plastics scuffed

only 4100 miles on it.

oil and filter changed every 500-700 miles

Not sure what those are going for in Michigan, but here in the Seattle area something like that would run about $5,000 +/-. 

I would post it for $5200 and see if you have any takers, and go from there. I've been looking at doing the same thing with my '05. Been looking at BMW GS 800's and 1200's.

the thought of selling her went through my head. My wife an I want a bike that is more comfortable for 2 up I cant have 2 bikes. what do you think ai could get for her?

2009 DRZ 400SM

black

new Continental conti attack SM tires 

JD jetting

3x3 mod

new fuel screw

MRD full

edge tail light

fan override switch

plastics scuffed

only 4100 miles on it.

oil and filter changed every 500-700 miles

$5k?  :jawdrop:   For a 4 year old bike?

Thats a $3-3.5k bike maybe around here.

4500 to 5000 here on the west coast....3500 gets you a beat high mile least it did when I was looking 5 months ago

I got it new off the show room floor in the end of 2010. so you could say it isn't 4 years old. and there is no difference in a new model compared to the 2009 besides cosmetics. 

Edited by glock27supermoto

mods don't add anything to your value. Good low milage, I'd give you $3500.

I know mods don't help increase value, just informing the reader of the bikes mods. a lot of times it can hut value. one thing is fore sure. it would make me really happy if i got a bike that had these mods done on it. 

thanks for all the post guys. I have always been told the DRZ hods value well

Edited by glock27supermoto

There was a thread earlier,about peoples opinions on price on forum not making much of a difference. What are they going for in your area? Ive read where guys supposedly bought new 10 and 12 on here for 5k..guess I have no luck as you cant touch them for under 7500 here.

I bought my 06 S in like new condition this Feb. with 637 miles on it ,the only mods where a deleted rear fender extension and DOT knobs added . Cost $3500 . About what the book value was for it. But I don't think I could have found a cleaner bike anywhere without buying New .

Where i'm from a bike like that would probably sell for around 5k.

Especially at a dealer, they like to make you think that SM's are "rare" / "hard to find" but as soon as one is sold another one is in its place within a few days.

Being from the Eau Claire area, something like that I would imagine around 5. Not sure where you are exactly located. But I would throw it up for 5000 to 5200 and take 4800. No doubt in my mind you'd get something like that.

The year you bought it new does not matter, only the VIN year. A 4,000 mile 2013 SM is worth way more than a 4,000 mile 2009.

Your bike is a $3 to $3.5K bike. Where I live, even less.

• Like 1

The year you bought it new does not matter, only the VIN year. A 4,000 mile 2013 SM is worth way more than a 4,000 mile 2009.

Your bike is a $3 to $3.5K bike. Where I live, even less.

That's the tricky thing with motos or any bike for the matter of fact. It's all based on were you live and the interest in that particular bike. In the last few years it seems around here the moto scene has taken off. Honestly the more people who know about the reliability and overall value of a DRZ is going to be worth more to them.

That's the tricky thing with motos or any bike for the matter of fact. It's all based on were you live and the interest in that particular bike. In the last few years it seems around here the moto scene has taken off. Honestly the more people who know about the reliability and overall value of a DRZ is going to be worth more to them.

Well.... yes and no. DRZ's have a great rep (deserved too) as being a dependable single cylinder small bore bike. Does a lot of things, none very well. There are a lot of other bikes in and about the DRZ category and the DRZ is certainly at the top of the pile. :thumbsup:

Do not get me wrong,. I love my SM. I would not want a larger bike. Though to build it over again, I would of instead started with a Yamaha WR450. Total money spent would of been less, and I'd have a lighter, more powerful machine (getting a plate for on in VA is no big deal). However, my DRZ SM will never be sold unless I need the garage space for a Hoveround®. :cripple:

Bike prices are what the market will bear. Very seasonal and somewhat based on whim. Craislist, BikeTrader and other sources will give you a better idea of what people are asking. Look for ADs to show as sold or go away to find out who is actually getting what they are asking. Plenty of people buy a bike for $6K, finance it ($4K in interst) buy a pipe and some bold graphics and advertise it to sell for $11K :jawdrop:

• Like 1

Every thing is cheaper in texas,   in cali SM's usually go for between 4-6 easily. 

GLWS. 

thanks guys. if I decide to sell it ( probably not ) ill be sure to let you guys know incase you are interested. these things are so fun to ride in the city that it is hard to give it up.

if only I could convince my wife to get her own bike :banghead:  . that would solve everything.  she says " I just like to ride on it, I don't want to drive it". I cant even get her to try it out in a parking lot.

I agree with the rest of the northerners here, I'd say you should get at least 4,500, maybe up to 5k if its in good shape.

Honestly just like anything else in life its only worth what someone is willing to pay, you're going to get the low ballers no matter what you sell. Its worth waiting it out for the extra cash. I'm always leary of low ballers, it pisses me off when I sell something for a good price to some young buck only to see it back up for sale for 1-2k more than they just bought it for.