Bogging bike

So I have a 97 kx100 and it mysteriously decided to bog out one day when I was riding a back road to get to my house I was going at a pretty fast speed and it just bogged out. So I didn't bother trying to start it again becuase if it was a piston I didn't want to make it any worse. So I got it home and took my carb apart and it was really dirty so I cleaned it up. Then I went and rode it again and it takes about 15 minutes for it to bog out but it would start right up again. I put a new plug in recently before this all happend so I put my old one in and it did the same thing. I cleaned my petcock on my tank same thing did it again. So I figured hell with it since it'll start right up right after it bogs put it might be electrical so I put a new coil in it tried riding it today and same thing it bogs out. Oh almost forgot I got a bore sighter and my piston isn't seized at all but I did just get my top end rebuilt recently and I put namura piston in it if that has anything to do with it. Is there anything else I could do clean something check something? Please help!!

wow...

Check the engines compression when its cold and it cranks..and then when its hot and is bogging out. . Did you actually open the carb up and clean the floats needle inlet? You said you had it rebuilt..did you have the cylinder inspected and measured for proper fitment of new piston?

haha I know wow. Yes we checked the compression when it was cold and cranking but not when it was hot. And my dads a pro mechanic not saying he can't make mistakes but I think he put it in right. Yes we cleaned everything in the carb like we split it down to one piece at a time multiple times. And I got it resleeved so I put stock bore pistons in it. But could it be that I don't have a wiseco piston and also just like five minutes ago I took the air filter out and tried running it without it to see if it made a differance it did but now it missed not bogged I just wanted to see becuse I put the new air filter in when I got the plug it's a double layered so I figured Id give it a shot

Being that old. I'm gonna take a guess of either stator windings or Cdi box.

So what was the results of comp test?

Using a wiseco or namura should still turn out decent results if good. We just don't recommend using namura due to the weakness of the casting.

Being that old. I'm gonna take a guess of either stator windings or Cdi box.

So what was the results of comp test?

Using a wiseco or namura should still turn out decent results if good. We just don't recommend using namura due to the weakness of the casting.

I don't know much about stators but could I just buy the completely new stator or do I have to buy the windings seperate and also a cdi box is kinda pricy

The stator can be checked with an ohm meter. The cdi can not. It could be something as simple as a faulty connection....a bad ground or faulty kill switch. Check all that stuff very very well first and then move to the stator.

ok I will do that

Yep, that. Check the simple things first. I guess I didn't keep the simple things first. Good call Blackwoodz

I was talking to my buddy today In school and he said rejet it is that true? And also I was thinking could it be that my power valves are dirty and that I need to clean that becuse it does usually bog in the powerband stage not before it

I was talking to my buddy today In school and he said rejet it is that true? And also I was thinking could it be that my power valves are dirty and that I need to clean that becuse it does usually bog in the powerband stage not before it

nvm I feel like a dumbass it dont have powervalves

LMAO.

I'm from Pa. I just ended up here and retired here. But I did just spend this past weekend back home in Pa. Felt homesick hearing kids riding up on the mountain. Nothing like the sound of a 2 stroke echoing through the valley.

And I have yet to see "Blue grass. All I see is soybean and corn.