Sign in to follow this  

Bar height. How high?

It's really good to have pictures! After looking at this one, I'm thinking my bar might be a bit too high. 

file_zpsee376a0b.jpg

I'm going to stand up on it this weekend and see how it feels before final assembly. I have the spacers to go a bit lower. I'm no longer racing, so I'm looking for comfort more than "low attack" position. 

I used to be 5' 11". Due to all the injuries over the years, I'm now at 5' 9" and about 30" inseam. I have the Fasstway pegs in "Lowboy" position. I'm a stand up rider who rides with the levers pointed down and elbows up. I also like my bars rolled forward.

A lot of it has to do with personal preference. Any suggestions on bar height? What are some of you other guys doing for bar position?

Edited by ballisticexchris

Yours looks pretty high to me.

i run a scotts sub mount with the lowest bar I could find. Feels perfect standing and decent sitting but i dont do that too much.     I rode some buddies bikes with stock bar height no sub mount and i feel like i can turn them a little bit better in a seated MX style turn but mine feels better standing.

If you go too high it feels awkward...you will know.  Standing on it in the garage wont tell you much I thought my last set of bars was good when I tested it in the garage but it was way too high and awkward on the trail. 

I'm 6 foot 2" or was the last time I checked at least. Windham bend with Applied clamps. Bars neutral, that's it. I do stand up and have my levers down though :thumbsup:

Same pegs in the same position also. CRF250X :ride: .

I normally run the CR high bend. Haven't actually tried the Windham bend yet. I may not like the sweep on them. Didn't feel the need to go higher, the bars I wanted weren't in stock in the CR bend is all.

Elbows up. Always :thumbsup: . Knees bent. Use them like shocks.

Edited by AddictedToBling

The biggest thing we would be concerned with would be the lack of overlap of the tower pin inside of the tower. We would ideally like to have 20mm of the pin in the tower.  With the xtra height you have added you added and having the damper above the bars you will have to worry about the tower flexing so much it might break off due to the xtra leverage.

Thanks-

Eric

The biggest thing we would be concerned with would be the lack of overlap of the tower pin inside of the tower. We would ideally like to have 20mm of the pin in the tower. With the xtra height you have added you added and having the damper above the bars you will have to worry about the tower flexing so much it might break off due to the xtra leverage.

Thanks-

Eric

I do have just over 20mm in the tower. Im going to go a bit lower. This just looks wrong...

So I lowered them a little more and feel a lot more comfortable with almost 30mm of the tower pin inside the tower.

file_zpsfcd44dbb.jpg

file_zps0604a3a8.jpg

Since these are refurbished bars from my racing days, they are already marked for bar and lever position.

file_zps59e9e6a3.jpg

i like my bars high and i have the same low boy pegs, it makes for a more comfortable ride. i can also clock more hours of seat time. i think you will like where the bars are now, the first picture they looked very high. i have almost the same setup as you, scotts, and the flex bars on my 200, geez what a great bike it is.

frank