FMF Mega Bomb pipe question

Does anyone know if the FMF Mega Bomb head pipe will bolt up to the stock muffler?

It should, even if it doesnt you can use heat shield tape to insure a tight fit.

Since the FMF CRF150R mufflers are all slip-ons, the presumption has to be that the MegaBomb does fit the stock muffler. I got mine from Dave Simon of Best Dual Sport Bikes when it was on sale, and it came with interior ceramic coating. It is quieter and a bit torquier than the Ti PowerBomb that preceded it.

These headers come with an insert for the stock slip-on since it has a smaller pipe inlet. So yes they will work with the stock muffler. They (FMF) are about the only ones that do!

Thanks for the info.

I had to remove the gasket in the stock muffler inlet so the FMF head pipe would slide into the stock muffler, the fit was snug and all bolt holes lined up. The problem is the stock muffler has slits cut into it to allow the clamp to work and with the gasket removed there is a very small exhaust leak that can be felt but not detected by ear. Bottom line is it will work but is not perfect, I will purchase an FMF muffler.

I had to remove the gasket in the stock muffler inlet so the FMF head pipe would slide into the stock muffler, the fit was snug and all bolt holes lined up. The problem is the stock muffler has slits cut into it to allow the clamp to work and with the gasket removed there is a very small exhaust leak that can be felt but not detected by ear. Bottom line is it will work but is not perfect, I will purchase an FMF muffler.

Have you tried heat-resistand silicone on the joint like FMF recommends when repacking their mufflers?

Have you tried heat-resistand silicone on the joint like FMF recommends when repacking their mufflers?

The silicone may work, did not try it, went ahead and purchased a new FMF muffler.

The silicone may work, did not try it, went ahead and purchased a new FMF muffler.

Good luck. Did you go for the Q4? I find it to be reasonably quiet, and quieter still with the spark arrester quiet insert.

I got the powercore, as long as it is not noticeable louder than stock I will be happy. I don't want a loud muffler but the areas where I ride it will be a non issue.

Ours started out quieter than stock but now just as loud. We even have the SA in. At races it is nice to hear him still moving.

:thumbsup: Bike has a 69mm BB with backfire screen removed and jetted and I weigh 130lbs. Today I went riding with the stock exhaust and removed the stock exhaust at the track/trails and installed the FMF SS Megabomb with the Power Core 4 with no SA. While riding the trails I immediately noticed an increase in torque, bike would pull better down low and could ride one gear higher in some sections. Bike went through each gear quicker with the torque increase. If the trails were more open and less technical I would gear the bike taller with my setup. The FMF exhaust sounded as loud as the stock exhaust by ear. The Power Core 4 muffler is longer but the baffle diameter is larger than stock. I would recommend this set up for those looking for an increase in torque. When I looked at my tach the highest I shifted was 12,800, most of my shifts were between 12,000-12,500, I shift when I feel the power level off unless I am on the track in situations were you can't shift. My hour meter/tach has an rpm recall on it, I look at it after my rides. During the FMF install the pipe touched the frame area behind the kick starter, pipe is larger than stock. I used some round stock to shape the pipe very slightly and installed one washer between the pipe and frame to get about 1/8" clearance. My boot contacted the megabomb section of the pipe during my ride and put black marks on it but I never noticed it effecting my riding.