2012 kx450 oil smells like gas

I have been having oil issues lately, the bike spits oil out overflow when im riding sometimes, then it will stop. I put 950cc of belray oil in it I can always see at least some oil in sight glass so I know it has oil. anyways I drained my oil today after one ride and I got about 800cc of oil, I did miss some of the oil tho. but I noticed it smells like gas? should I be concerned or can I just change my oil more often? oil still had brownish tint to it

I have the 12 and mine also kicks out oil out the overflow they do this when thers to mich oil in the engine and when u drained and got 800 this will becouse a lot will still be in the oil filter and the housing I only put 1 litre in mine n it always spits a bit out now n the. N I have 170 hours on mine mate

I have noticed most of the 450 KX's spit some oil out, especially if overfilled.

With the oil smelling like fuel it could be piston rings not sealing and the fuel is getting past into the oil. 

I have been having oil issues lately, the bike spits oil out overflow when im riding sometimes, then it will stop. I put 950cc of belray oil in it I can always see at least some oil in sight glass so I know it has oil. anyways I drained my oil today after one ride and I got about 800cc of oil, I did miss some of the oil tho. but I noticed it smells like gas? should I be concerned or can I just change my oil more often? oil still had brownish tint to it

Some discharge from the vent hose is normal.  If it is dripping or flowing out, that is not normal. 

The oil smelling like fuel is normal unless this is a new occurrence for you.  If you have never noticed this before then most likely your bike is running more rich than normal.  There is a laundry list of things that can cause that.  Could be... worn top end, faulty sensor, (pick one, coolant temp, air intake temp., TPS, MAP) wiring harness issues and so on.

MMM...yeah, your oil is gonna smell like fuel.  Fuel is the number one factor in viscosity break down.  Over flow is normal, especially if you put it on your stand, let it cold down, and notice some spitting of oil on the stand.  I always put a napkin under the vent hose to see how much comes out.  Don't sweat the small stuff dude, go ride.