48mm fork in 47mm clamp

I know I can get them in, but is it a good idea? I have a 2012 rmz450 that I use for mx and In the winter for Ice riding...I found a set of 2005 rmz250 forks which are 48mm, and wanted to lower them permanently to keep as my ice set-up. ..I just don't want to ruin my clamps and not have them properly clamp the 47mm field when I reinstall. .. thoughts?

The fork upper clamps diameter does always follow the lower ones size increase , ie they might not actually be any wider at the top

Thanks for the input guys! I completely air balled on the fact that the size is the inner, not the outer! I can't seem to find the tube sizes on the website you suggested, but for what the guy is asking I'll just go pick em up and measure. ..if they don't work, I can off em on eBay and probably make $ on the deal!

go to "Parts Interchange Info" upper left hand corner.  Then search for the forks from both bikes and compare the upper and lower clamp diameters.

I looked there and couldn't find it, but I was on my phone while I ate lunch.. I'll use the 'puter when I get home and see if I can find it...

Ya I just looked again on the computer here at work, and unfortunately the website isn't updated enough to show any info for my bike :-/ not a biggy though, I'll just measure

So, did you try it?

Can i put 48mm showa on triple clamps that was originly for 47mm?