Sign in to follow this  

2012 SM Front Wheel

Hey guys I recently bought a 2012 SM new from dealer but a year old, anyway riding to work one day road crews had decided to oil this short section of gravel road to keep dust down and I really didn't want the pain of having to clean the tar off the white plastics after so I opted for the ditch all went well til the last few feet there was a fairly muddy part and I ended up having to push the bike through, and carried on riding. When I finally got home I noticed the right side of the front wheel the blue anodizing had been wore off. A piece of mud stuck between the fork and fork guard and caused the plastic fork guard to rub against the wheel so it never made a sound like rock grinding or I would have stopped. I know it's not a huge deal but it looks like crap on those nice blue wheels, anyone know of a touch up paint or someway to fix this without having to try source a new wheel? Any help is appreciated thanks for your time.

Edited by Braedenkgs

Hey guys I recently bought a 2012 SM new from dealer but a year old, anyway riding to work one day road crews had decided to oil this short section of gravel road to keep dust down and I really didn't want the pain of having to clean the tar off the white plastics after so I opted for the ditch all went well til the last few feet there was a fairly muddy part and I ended up having to push the bike through, and carried on riding. When I finally got home I noticed the right side of the front wheel the blue anodizing had been wore off. A piece of mud stuck between the fork and fork guard and caused the plastic fork guard to rub against the wheel so it never made a sound like rock grinding or I would have stopped. I know it's not a huge deal but it looks like crap on those nice blue wheels, anyone know of a touch up paint or someway to fix this without having to try source a new wheel? Any help is appreciated thanks for your time.

take them off and spray paint them. whatever color you like. if you don't like it next week, spray them a different color. 

or just ride it. you can't see it if you're having fun. 

Maybe look into Plastidip.

Its easy to apply and if you get any overspray you can simply peel it off, it hardens into a plastic but I'm sure it would scratch off, good thing is its easy to touch up any places it came off.

I was thinking about trying it out on my fork guards, cheaper then buying plastics and deff cheaper then buying new rims in your case, just a thought