How Does a 2003 yz450f compare with a late wr250f model?

Im just curious because I may be getting one soon

Compare ?

In what area

Personally I would stay with 06+ yami 4 strokes.

Which one are you getting?

They don't compare --- one is a motocross bike and one is an off-road bike

the 03 YZ450 was fast for its time, but is a bit hampered for off-road use by its 4 speed gearbox -- its got an abrupt powerband that would be too barky for running around in the woods -- plus its 11 years old

Don't know what "late model" means in reference to the 250, but if it has an aluminum frame, then that is the most current edition I think.    The WR is directly based on the YZ250F, but you wouldn't know it riding one stock -- they are great  bikes that need to be un-corked to reach their full potential.   A very good choice for all around use but is set up soft and would need some suspension tuning before venturing out onto a MX track, but so would any off-road bike.

If your riding was going to be more woods/trails i'd get the WR in a heartbeat over an aged and long obsolete race bike.   If the suspension was stiffened up a little and the motor was uncorked and a free breathing exhaust installed - I would even prefer to ride a bike like that on an MX track than a cantankerous old YZF as well

-- My opinion only