Husqvarna Te 570 carb adjustment

Hello everyone, I recently bought a Husqvarna TE 570 converted to SM. I have this engine surge everyone talks about between 3000 and 5000 rpm as if the bike hasn't got enough fuel. I checked the spark plug, it was cracked on the top part but the color was a nice coffee brown. I replaced it anyway with a new NGK CR8EIX, but the surge is still there.

The bike is fitted with a full akrapovic exhaust system and has holes drilled in the airbox. The main jet is a size 95, which I think might be a little too big, since I read that most people have around 85 with this kind of setup. Anyone know what it might be? I think its something to do with the carb setup, needle clip, jetting, mabey the accelerator pump? 

Edited by rebNL

Hello everyone, I recently bought a Husqvarna TE 570 converted to SM. I have this engine surge everyone talks about between 3000 and 5000 rpm as if the bike hasn't got enough fuel. I checked the spark plug, it was cracked on the top part but the color was a nice coffee brown. I replaced it anyway with a new NGK CR8EIX, but the surge is still there.

The bike is fitted with a full akrapovic exhaust system and has holes drilled in the airbox. The main jet is a size 95, which I think might be a little too big, since I read that most people have around 85 with this kind of setup. Anyone know what it might be? I think its something to do with the carb setup, needle clip, jetting, mabey the accelerator pump? 

Hi  ,

do a search, there were several 570 carb threads last 4/6 weeks,

charlie

Thanks to a guy on youtube I fixed the problem, I replaced the spark plug and raised the needle clip 2 clips and she runs great now :)