Sign in to follow this  

Does this look healthy?

The pic is a little blurry and not well lit.  Can you describe what you are seeing?

Looks like your oil may have gotten water or coolant in it.

Yandow127

Posted Today, 03:55 PM

The oil is very frothy

+1, time for a water pump rebuild...

Edited by poldies4

There is 2 seals for the water pump. The outer and the inner. If the outer seal leaks it will come out the weep hole. If the inner seal leaks it could contaminate the Trans oil. Sounds like you have the second. Replace both seals while you are in there. Also over time the water pump shaft gets ridges worn from the seals. If it is ridged then I would replace that too or I could keep going through seals quick. When all done change the Trans oil a few times to remove any leftover contaminates.

There is 2 seals for the water pump. The outer and the inner. If the outer seal leaks it will come out the weep hole. If the inner seal leaks it could contaminate the Trans oil. Sounds like you have the second. Replace both seals while you are in there. Also over time the water pump shaft gets ridges worn from the seals. If it is ridged then I would replace that too or I could keep going through seals quick. When all done change the Trans oil a few times to remove any leftover contaminates.

Thanks helpful info
  • Like 1

Had a similar problem with my 125 a while back. Im sure that you have checked, but have you dumped it recently? Because i dumped mine into a puddle with the oil check bolt out (idiot) and it got filled up with mud and looked exactly like this when i took off the cover to clean it.

Water from the cooling system can also enter the crankcase through the side cover gasket.

Edited by 1987CR250R

You either have leaking waterpump seal, or you have been riding in some deep water recently as water can enter the cases through the crankcase vent tube.

&%$#@!!  Right side crankcase gaskets fail all of the time and everybody blames it on the water pump seal.  You have to replace the right side crankcase gasket when you replace the water pump seal so obviously everything works great afterwards but if you don't have water leaking out the weephole of the water pump you probably have a failed right side crankcase gasket and not a water pump seal.  I still recommend replacing both, total cost through the dealership will be less than twenty dollars.