HP's YZ144 Kit putting out a claimed 41.55hp/18tq!

Hey yz shredders!

Just diggin around and found these guys (Derek, super nice dude) who evaluated the popular Athena 144 Kit, Review here: http://www.hpbikes.com/news.php?id=73 and then created a better designed and better producing reliable HP144 Kit themselves.

Kit is here: http://www.yzstuff.com/shop/yz125-144-big-bore-package-1-1999-current/

To ship out your whole engine and get the bottom/cylinder all built out with their 144 kit you're looking at about $1000 give or take...

The kit produces substantially more HP/TQ than the athena kit due to many minor modifications that are included in the HP144 kit.  

Has anyone heard of or had their YZ125 built with the HP144 kit???  I think when I'm due for my next rebuild I will go this route for sure.

Thanks!!!

Hey yz shredders!

Just diggin around and found these guys (Derek, super nice dude) who evaluated the popular Athena 144 Kit, Review here: http://www.hpbikes.com/news.php?id=73 and then created a better designed and better producing reliable HP144 Kit themselves.

Kit is here: http://www.yzstuff.com/shop/yz125-144-big-bore-package-1-1999-current/

To ship out your whole engine and get the bottom/cylinder all built out with their 144 kit you're looking at about $1000 give or take...

The kit produces substantially more HP/TQ than the athena kit due to many minor modifications that are included in the HP144 kit.  

Has anyone heard of or had their YZ125 built with the HP144 kit???  I think when I'm due for my next rebuild I will go this route for sure.

Thanks!!!

I have a full kit here for sale that puts out more than that. Includes everything from induction, ignition, pipe etc.

I have a full kit here for sale that puts out more than that. Includes everything from induction, ignition, pipe etc.

Can you message me with details by chance on price and process?

Derrick does great work. I will be posting a write up on my YZ250 build real shortly.

Hey yz shredders!

Thanks!!!

The OEM Athena YZ144 cylinders definately can use some improvement flow wise. The internal casting quality is poor. I had my 144 cyl sent out for a low to mid port job. I believe a bone stock '06 up YZ125 dynos at about 34 hp ? So to pull 41 hp seems a bit of a stretch, but certainly possible. My key comment is always the fact that in the real world of MX engines, advertising peak dyno numbers does not neccesarly guarantee faster lap times on the track. 2 stroke MX bikes struggle in the traction department with stock hp, let alone adding another 7 hp. If in fact that 41 hp also boasts a broad usable midrange, now we are talking a potentially awesome, user friendly powerplant.

Edited by Polar_Bus

The OEM Athena YZ144 cylinders definately can use some improvement flow wise. The internal casting quality is poor. I had my 144 cyl sent out for a low to mid port job. I believe a bone stock '06 up YZ125 dynos at about 34 hp ? So to pull 41 hp seems a bit of a stretch, but certainly possible. My key comment is always the fact that in the rear world of MX engines, advertising peak dyno numbers does not neccesarly guarantee faster lap times on the track. 2 stroke MX bikes struggle in the traction department with stock hp, let alone adding another 7 hp. If in fact that 41 hp also boasts a broad usable midrange, now we are talking a potentially awesome, user friendly powerplant.

Great info!  Yeah I was surprised with the 41hp noted but check out that link and the Dyno sheet on it!  Pretty rad stuff 

Derrick does great work. I will be posting a write up on my YZ250 build real shortly.

How was the process thus far and what all did you end up having Derrick do for your engine?

I had Derrick set me up my YZ250 to have a broad smooth power. It is ported and set up for race fuel, running a 9 ounce fww, and a fatty pipe, and Derrick's power valve spring which boosts the low end power. A stock rekluse would not handle the power on the bottom end it just slipped.

He is great to deal with, he will be working over my 125 this winter. I will give a full right up after this weekends race.

Put your money where your mouth is and ship it here I will video the install and dyno.  I will do the testing for free because Im a nice guy - Last i checked you haven't posted any videos or charts of your bike being dyno'd stock vs modified.

I highly doubt you will take me up on this offer - but the offer stands.

How was the process thus far and what all did you end up having Derrick do for your engine?

Derek has done a butt load of work for me.

I will say, hands down, I own the fastest YZ's anywhere thanks to him.

My bike and my sons bike are just plain wicked !!!!

HPbike right here ........

20136.jpg

20136.jpg

That is awesome!!!

Put your money where your mouth is and ship it here I will video the install and dyno.  I will do the testing for free because Im a nice guy - Last i checked you haven't posted any videos or charts of your bike being dyno'd stock vs modified.

Now there's a challenge!!! 

20136.jpg

Does your son have a 250 as well or?

Does your son have a 250 as well or?

No, he has an HP 125 that flat out moves .....

I had to race it last year with a bunch of 450's  (Derek had mine in surgery).........

746125rv3.jpg

746125rv2.jpg

was 2nd (outta 12 450's) in the first corner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, he has an HP 125 that flat out moves .....

I had to race it last year with a bunch of 450's  (Derek had mine in surgery).........

746125rv3.jpg

746125rv2.jpg

was 2nd (outta 12 450's) in the first corner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about a testimony there!! haha that's awesome and it sounds like Derek's work is AMAZING from the research I've done.  I noticed he mentioned a lot about some updates being made to the cylinder where it's almost like a 150 sleeve/engine.  What work did you have done to your son's YZ and do you have any video footage of the bike in action?  Thanks a lot for the feedback it's very insightful!

Talk about a testimony there!! haha that's awesome and it sounds like Derek's work is AMAZING from the research I've done.  I noticed he mentioned a lot about some updates being made to the cylinder where it's almost like a 150 sleeve/engine.  What work did you have done to your son's YZ and do you have any video footage of the bike in action?  Thanks a lot for the feedback it's very insightful!

I can't give all away........ :naughty: :naughty:

Lets just say he knows his stuff  :smirk: :smirk:

I can't give all away........ :naughty: :naughty:

Lets just say he knows his stuff  :smirk: :smirk:

haha touche...well if ya feelin willin jus message me the details about what you like or asked for outside of the norm from him :)  I'm jus a weekend warrior, no stealin race secrets for me haha either way a vid would be cool! 

Very much appreciate the offer. Send me the money and I will send you the kit.

If I remember correctly you're still using a stock pipe and ignition, is that correct?

Also, you have not shown the same bike stock verses modified.

Edited by BRM

I have an athena yz144 cylinder ported by harris performance, I'd sale if anyone is interested. When I got it I was riding the bike mainly on the track, but now it is more of a trail bike. The bike hit hard with the cylinder on there but I didn't like it for the woods, to on/off power(I know its a 125)...

That'll be a Cisoc's kit BRM? If so I'll back it.

Brett Metcalfes 125 was supposed to be the most powerful 125 seen on Pro Circuits (or was it FMF's?) dyno so I'm confident Ciscos will have the numbers. 

All respect HP, its easy to say "ship it here & I will test it". That's a lot of $ and messin' about to get it there from Thailand or Australia. Hell, might even get lost while the postal service in the US is in shut down.....