Wide foot pegs for '91 XR200R

Anyone find or modify wide foot pegs for the 200? Would like to have factory wide pegs rather than do the weld-on ones. But I don't mind doing a little grinding.

Thanks

Try looking at rocky mountain ATV. They may do something. Mods and building is usually the best way to go. Get some late model KTM or other ones and have a fabricator cut and reweld. Usually the easiest way here in NZ.

I just built mine today  using the weld on 2 inch set from Works connection much nicer to hold up my 260 lbs LOL

PA240072.jpg

Edited by Zimman

Why do you want wide? Won't it snag easier on the trail?

Why do you want wide? Won't it snag easier on the trail?

The "Wide" is normally front to back not extra width/length of the pegs.  That gives better support for your boots when standing.

Thanks for all the suggestions... I think I may have found a pair of wide pegs on EBay. They are from China :lame: and made of steel :jawdrop:  but are a 'wide peg' style. They were only $27.00 with shipping :thumbsup: so if they don't fit I haven't busted the bank. If they fit but wear out quickly I will look at IMS for a set for a '91 XR250 for around $80. I guess there are a lot of years with the same mount style for most all early Honda dirt bikes. We'll see in a week or two. Will keep you posted. :ride:

Well... Receive the pegs and they didn't fit, not even close. The OEM parts fiche(?) show pics of two styles of pegs for the '91 XR200. The one with mounts similar to the new pegs are apparently no longer available. I'll jus have to keep digging. The ones for the CR mounts fit great and the grand daughter really noticed the difference. Grandpa made a few more points. Life is good.

Dirty_Dave did you ever find a set pegs for the '91 XR200?  I have seen several on eBay also but most indicate they are really for an XL250.  Can anyone confirm interchangeability between the '91 200 and any other XR or CR model or year?

Not sure if all 200's are the same fitting, but I know KTM pegs can be made to fit a 1982 200r with just a bit of grinding.  Can't find the post I did on mine at the mo, but it's in the modifications thread somewhere within the last 6 months or so

Edited by DR small

I used some aluminum pegs for a newer crf, and ground them to fit. It may be the best mod I made. Much easier to control bike through pegs. They are Chinese ebay items, but quality seems good.

I used some aluminum pegs for a newer crf, and ground them to fit. It may be the best mod I made. Much easier to control bike through pegs. They are Chinese ebay items, but quality seems good.

Can you elaborate on which model crf the pegs were made for? Thanks.

I think they are the '04-13 250-450 pegs

I think they are the '04-13 250-450 pegs

i used yamaha yz springs, yamaha has used the same springs for a long time on the yz

i used yamaha yz springs, yamaha has used the same springs for a long time on the yz

So 04+ crf250/450 footpeg assembly, minus the spring which is from a yz?

So 04+ crf250/450 footpeg assembly, minus the spring which is from a yz?

chad has a 1981-1983 first generation xr I believe. Important to note the 1984-2002 frame has completely different mounting bracket.

chad has a 1981-1983 first generation xr I believe. Important to note the 1984-2002 frame has completely different mounting bracket.

That is nice to know, ha. Thanks.

Sorry, it does look like the newer pegs are very different from the early bikes. Those weld on extenders look like a good way to go.