Girl In Distress. Don't ride alone.

How many guys does it take to unstick a girls leg?

The weight of the ATV was on her leg and I was looking for my valve stem tool, but we let most of the air out of tire and lifted the ATV up to get the weight off of her leg and the Mikey crawled under and worked her leg out. See the pain in her face as we are working.

And I just had a very quick discussion with an old friend, he thinks that quads are safer than bikes(I didn't argue long, it was never going to end)

Have friend that lost his son due to ATV crushing him in a accident in Colorado. Another close friend broke his neck when one rolled over on a down hill section when we were doing maintenance on our single track playgrounds in MO.

Since I recognized this as Rampart Range right away (rode there for years) I was expecting a head on pile up. I would say out of the past 10-15 times I rode rampart I have come across the carnage of head on collisions or a member of my group being in one.

Glad you found the rider in need. She obviously should of had someone with her.

Was down there riding one year and came around a corner and there was a guy laid out on the ground, bike in the trees. His wife was standing above him screaming uncontrollably as their two children watched. I stopped and dropped my bike on the ground and ran over. The woman wouldn't stop screaming, she was completely out of control and crying. I finally had to yell at her to STFU! Her husband knocked himself out cold in the crash. Pulled off my camel back, pulled the mouth piece off the hose and squirt cold water in the guys face and he came around.

His wife went from having a break down to screaming at her husband that the bikes were being sold immediately!

Moral of the story? If she can't come to terms with the risks, leave her ass at home ;-)

• Like 6

Nice job old man dave 59. Back when 3 wheelers were the rage, a kid in my neighborhood got his foot under the rear wheel and literally almost ripped his leg off. Degloved his skin, multiple fractures, etc. Still walks with a limp. She's lucky you guys were there and that she was relatively unscathed.

• Like 2

Since I recognized this as Rampart Range right away (rode there for years) I was expecting a head on pile up. I would say out of the past 10-15 times I rode rampart I have come across the carnage of head on collisions or a member of my group being in one.

Was down there riding one year and came around a corner and there was a guy laid out on the ground, bike in the trees. His wife was standing above him screaming uncontrollably as their two children watched. I stopped and dropped my bike on the ground and ran over. The woman wouldn't stop screaming, she was completely out of control and crying. I finally had to yell at her to STFU! Her husband knocked himself out cold in the crash. Pulled off my camel back, pulled the mouth piece off the hose and squirt cold water in the guys face and he came around.

His wife went from having a break down to screaming at her husband that the bikes were being sold immediately!

Moral of the story? If she can't come to terms with the risks, leave her ass at home ;-)

First time I took my girl friend out riding at Chadwick MO she was on my DRZ 400 E and I passed her on my KTM 450 SX and a little too much throttle, I went sideways and hit a tree head on at around 35  or 40 MPH, Knocked me out cold and I woke up about a minute later and kicked the bike off of me and got up. She said she froze when it happened and just sat there for that minute, but did not panic. The second time she saw me hit a tree, she got 4 pictures of it at a hare scramble race on spectator hill, the HGP 480 race. I finished the race and was proud she did not panic.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Have friend that lost his son due to ATV crushing him in a accident in Colorado. Another close friend broke his neck when one rolled over on a down hill section when we were doing maintenance on our single track playgrounds in MO.

Sorry to hear. I have heard way too many, and seen way to many accidents involving ATVs. Both are dangerous, but every accident I have had on my bike, I have been able to get myself out of it, whereas with ATVs I always see people on stretchers after a wreck.

• Like 2

First time I took my girl friend out riding at Chadwick MO she was on my DRZ 400 E and I passed her on my KTM 450 SX and a little too much throttle, I went sideways and hit a tree head on at around 35 or 40 MPH, Knocked me out cold and I woke up about a minute later and kicked the bike off of me and got up. She said she froze when it happened and just sat there for that minute, but did not panic. The second time she saw me hit a tree, she got 4 pictures of it at a hare scramble race on spectator hill, the HGP 480 race. I finished the race and was proud she did not panic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

LOL! Great story Dave!

In 1997 (married to my now x wife) we went to a local Denver, CO track Watkins. I was out on the pro track practicing while my wife was watching. Won't go in to the details of how the pile up happened but I launched a good 50-60' gap going WAY to hard and the bike nose dived mid air. Couldn't get the ass end down no matter how hard I tried. Landed like a f'n lawn dart! Bars twisted and impaled my rib cage. Bars went all the way inside me and punctured my left lung. My adrenaline was rushing so hard I didn't even realize I was critically injured. Couple riders came to my aid and rolled my twisted CR back to my truck where my wife was watching from. Everyone who saw the crash was freaking out asking if I was okay. I just told everyone I just wanted to sit down and get my wits back about me. I sat down on my tailgate with the wife standing there mortified. I asked her to hand me a cigarette, so she lit one and handed it to me. I took a big drag and the smoke started rolling out the hole in my jersey where the bars went in. My wife turned six shades of white and puked!! Lifted up my jersey and I could see my innards.

Needless to say flight for life came and scooped me up after that as my body began to go in to shock.

I hate that woman to this very day. But I have to admit... She was one tuff chick!! Didn't say a word after it took me 7 months of healing and I jumped back on the bike!

• Like 3

Riding anything alone is stupid, dumb, asinine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I do it all the time. Circumstances are just that I end up with no one available too many times. I have been scared several times thinking I may have gotten myself in a fix but so far things have worked out. And Euro, a 30 minute walk is good plan as long as you can walk. Think about it.