Sign in to follow this  

I found an idiot...

So I was scrolling through craigslist looking at some of the bikes on their and I find this idiot... says he's had an 85 for 10 years and that it has "almost no stock parts on it" and then proceeds to list off how it has a different chain and sprocket...This is honestly hilarious. Any comments are welcome. Do you think 1500 is too high for this bike? http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/4134915589.html

Hmmm, his "Race Exhaust" looks like a completely stock system and the aftermarket "Nitrogen Shock" still has the stock OEM sticker on it....

Over all it is in good shape for a '03, it just sounds like a 12 year old kid wrote the ad.

• Like 1

It sounds like he is just stating that it is race ready in stock form, but he added these aftermarket parts. Thats about the going price around here for those years. I myself wouldnt be worried about a no title at all, not a deal breaker for me. If something sounds sketchy about a deal I just ask if they mind if I run the VIN# just to make sure its not stolen. The ones that are stolen, people back out of the deal in a hurry.

In ca. No title equals stolen

Non-issue around here. You hardly ever find a used bike with a title. In fact, after owning almost 30 bikes, I've never had a title for any of my off road bikes.

• Like 2

Non-issue around here. You hardly ever find a used bike with a title. In fact, after owning almost 30 bikes, I've never had a title for any of my off road bikes.

Man I would love not having to hassle with the extra paperwork. I hate California DMV.

While the ad is obviously crap, and the owner is on drugs, the bike looks clean and is probably worth the price. I'd shoot for a grand, but that's me.

800 cash is all that clapped out 85 is worth. Luckily he doesn't know what he is doing so you can go in there and point out problems, mostly bearings that need replaced and stuff like that and get him down to what it is actually worth.

Man I would love not having to hassle with the extra paperwork. I hate California DMV.

while Cali is tough

in AZ We do require titles and registrations

I like having a document that states this vehicle/trailer /pwc /boat  is mine and can't be registered by anyone else and that the vin/hin/serial # is tied to ME

these states that don't keep records are a thieves friend

Edited by Zimman
  • Like 1

Strange thing about dirt bikes and titles in Michigan, when you buy a new bike the dealership will give you a title.  However the only time you actually "need" a title is when you are registering a bike for a street plate.  A dirt bike ridden purely off road (MX, HS or ORV's) is not required to have a legal title.  Therefore a dirt bike can be bought and sold many times over in Michigan and the title never needs to change hands.  Most people do not bother with the title because that's when you pay sales tax.

The only time that I start to get concerned is when the bike is spray painted (gas tank, fenders, side panels, etc.) that screams "I need to camo this bike until the heat cools...". 

Lol thanks for all the input. I was just trying to point out how stupid or "drugged out" this guy is. Im not looking to buy a bike thats smaller than the one I have now lol. And for anyones information, my bike isnt titled, but it did come with a bill of sale and the guy I bought the bike from seemed like he just wanted to sell it fast. I feel bad for all you guys in cali...their so freakin strict with everything out there.

while Cali is tough

in AZ We do require titles and registrations

I like having a document that states this vehicle/trailer /pwc /boat  is mine and can't be registered by anyone else and that the vin/hin/serial # is tied to ME

these states that don't keep records are a thieves friend

Whaa, whaa, whaa, my insurance won't cover the theft of my dirt bike. Mine all have titles and I can insure them as well for cheap.