Sign in to follow this  

Final drive ratio on 2014 350 exc f

On the KTM usa website its has the gear ratio as 14/52 on the 2014 350 exc f. Picked mine up yesterday and it has 14/45. Also the manual says 14/45. Kinda pissed because I was going off the website specs, not expecting to have to change my gearing and chain. More $. What came on everyone elses 14's?

On the KTM usa website its has the gear ratio as 14/52 on the 2014 350 exc f. Picked mine up yesterday and it has 14/45. Also the manual says 14/45. Kinda pissed because I was going off the website specs, not expecting to have to change my gearing and chain. More $. What came on everyone elses 14's?

It is also listed wrong for the 500. Book says 14/50 I think but they actually come with 15/45.

Trusting the KTM site or even manuals for accurate specs is a crapshoot. Been that way for at least 89 years.

Trusting the KTM site or even manuals for accurate specs is a crapshoot. Been that way for at least 89 years.

Yep, another example is that the wheels are listed as being made by Giant, not excel.

I called KTM's Headquarters and they said the specs on their website are wrong and always subject to change. I bought a 14 500 and was hoping for the new gearing also to save money but its still 15/45! You guys should call KTM and complain also, maybe they will change it or send us new gearing. I'm going to weigh my bike and if its not 6lbs lighter as it's advertised, I'm gonna call about that also. I thought more highly of KTM than this. 

Just leave a message and they will call you back. My brother also bought a 14 500 and they were rude to him when he tried asking about the gear clarification.