Sign in to follow this  

More 150f mod questions...

I've been looking for a cr85 shock. Do I need the cr85 expert shock or is the std cr85 shock ok? Also will the CRF150 shock work? I know all take a little modification. Any info would be great!!!

I've been looking for a cr85 shock. Do I need the cr85 expert shock or is the std cr85 shock ok? Also will the CRF150 shock work? I know all take a little modification. Any info would be great!!!

The sw and bw shocks are the same size, not sure on the spring or valveing,

But either way it takes "a little" modification to make it fit yes, but huge modificatin to make it work. First the stock f spring is close to a 9.0, the r spring might be half that. As is the damping will be way off obviously. Although the stock f shocks, pretty much had no damping anyway.

Send your stock shock for a revalve.

Same with the 85/150r forks, way off. Springs, the 150r valveing will be slightly closer. But still not enough.

Revalve your stock forks or find a set from another bike.

85/150r stuff work? Absolutely, as plenty of others have done. But you'll have to spend money for it to work correctly. Unless someone has a set already modified for sale.

Fit vs work correctly, 2 different things.

Edited by HappyG

What do I have to do to make the 85 shock work? What mods? I've seen no pics from anyone in here. I have a suspension guy that will get me springs and revalve both the forks and shock. What about a fox podium or a works shock?

Hello TommyO,

In my signature below, there's a blog I made a while back.  Take a look.  I think you'll find all the answers to your questions.  I think I put the info you want in the suspension area.