fork and shock question

on my 07 yz250f, is there anything i can do with the stock shim stack and pistons to make it more woods friendly? i already have the correct springs. i have replaced the rear shock with one off of a 2006 yz450f. already have the sag set. i am 215, 6'3 and mid to front C rider. ride ky woods and race the occasional hare scramble. just looking to make the suspension better without having to install something like the gold valve kit. thanks in advance

ps. i have this posted in suspension but no help there as of yet. so i figured the yamaha guys might be able to help me out

You asking if its possible, or asking for an exact thing TO DO to make this happen? I mean of course something could be done to make it more woods friendly. However, I personally don't know what would need to be done to make it happen. I would think if you sent/took the shock/forks to someone REPUTABLE...told them what you want out of em and were honest about your abilities and what you do with the bike....then it could get dialed in to do just what you want. Or at least to the point, you could do the fine adjustments with the clickers to finalize it for you.

Edited by J_WR2fitty

You asking if its possible, or asking for an exact thing TO DO to make this happen? I mean of course something could be done to make it more woods friendly. However, I personally don't know what would need to be done to make it happen. I would think if you sent/took the shock/forks to someone REPUTABLE...told them what you want out of em and were honest about your abilities and what you do with the bike....then it could get dialed in to do just what you want. Or at least to the point, you could do the fine adjustments with the clickers to finalize it for you.

more so just asking how i can rearrange or remove certain shims to make it some better. i have revalved forks before but with stuff like race tech with excellent results. not ready to sink that money in it yet. i have read of people messing with the stock stacks and pistons on different bikes to make them better. so i guess my question is, how can i modify the stock stack and/or piston to make it a little better for woods? things like removing a face shim or drilling the piston, etc.

Ahh, gotcha... Sorry not gonna be able to help there on specifics. Suspension and head work is about the only two things I just take it to someone for. lol.

Ahh, gotcha... Sorry not gonna be able to help there on specifics. Suspension and head work is about the only two things I just take it to someone for. lol.

lol, i feels ya. i use to be the same way on suspension. but a buddy of mine did his one time and i says to myself, self, if he can do it so can you. lol