Sign in to follow this  

Decisions Decisions...

So this has no point but just needed to let it out. I am in NY and the season is about over. Tomorrow one of my favorite tracks is running a practice, but it's also a day my wife has off work (she rarely does on the weekend). So I can go riding and spend time with the family, which I would love to do. Or I can take my 2yr old to the pumpkin patch and do something more geared to her. She will have fun either way, but I may have to miss a day of riding for a seasonal event. Ah, the things we do as a parent. How can you not do something for her...

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382749672.949922.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382749723.435907.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382749743.731947.jpg

So you are saying you can spend time with the family either way then? Either way its with the fam, but I'd honestly do what the wife wants in this situation haha. I mean, if shes cool hanging out at the track then thats cool. If you guys think the kiddo will really enjoy the pumpkin patch...do that!

Edited by J_WR2fitty

Does your daughter like watching "daddy" ride?

She likes to watch daddy ride, yells at him to go faster, and then when I get off the track asks me to "ride". So I take her for a ride around the parking lot. Soon hopefully she will be able to have her own bike.

• Like 1

She likes to watch daddy ride, yells at him to go faster, and then when I get off the track asks me to "ride". So I take her for a ride around the parking lot. Soon hopefully she will be able to have her own bike.

That's awesome. Maybe she will be better than you eventually ;)

There will be many many riding seasons in your future. Your daughter will only be 2 once, like William says no brainer.

Once you have children what you want no longer matters. Here's how it goes, what the child needs, then what the child wants, then what momma wants, then what you need, now your wants finally come along. She will be grown way to soon, go to the pumpkin patch.

AddictedToBling /// Said it best. Go to the pumpkin patch. If bike riding can intertwine with family, great, but never let it get in the way of spending quality time with them, specially that little Angel that I know would have a lot more fun at the pumpkin patch.

she is only 2 once, my vote for the Pumpkin Patch.

No brainer. Take her to the track let her have fun, leave early, and take her to the patch for more fun. She wont remember it at all a year from now, but you and your wife will

Oh we went to the pumpkin patch. It was hard not to ride but it was great taking her to a kid specific thing she could just go wild. It was tons of fun. Mazes, hay rides, games, bouncy things, etc. it was the right call. I couldn't ask for a better day. Although I asked which she liked better, riding on the hay ride or with daddy on the dirt bike. She said dirt bike. But she loved everything. And now she is out and hopefully sleeps in tomorrow! Woohoo!

• Like 3

MotoAce, good job! This kind of stuff only happens once in a lifetime, don't let it slip away from you. I recall my trip to the pumpkin patch, all four times, and believe me, it's so much cooler than going riding, just my 5 cents worth. Now that they're all grown, all we (the wife and I) have a the fond memories and of course all the pictures to share with them as the holidays roll in. So you see, it's just not that particular day you get to enjoy, it's so much more afterwards when they're finally grown and you have all those memories.

• Like 1