Advice on this Van PLEASE.

So, im going to check out a van tomorrow. I have looked at a couple this past week and they were JUNK. I am generally a ford/chevy guy but this one is a dodge. It is an 02' with 109k miles on it. Before you say its going to shit a tranny. I already know, BUT it is a ONE owner and i guess its just been sitting for awhile. So its a 2002 Dodge maxi-van with 109k on her. Has anyone used one of these for a motovan? How do they work?

I've had a 2000 1500 dodge van. It was the regular length with the 3.9 engine. If it has the 5.2, it's better. It runs smooth and it's reliable.

It was pretty good to me overall except in the front end where there was a lot of stuff to do probably due to lack of maintenance from previous owners. Also the rocker panels were rotting like crazy.

I will never own a Dodge product again POS!!!

i don't know from personal experience, but I thought I'd heard the rear door opening is shorter, making it hard to get bikes in.

check the frame really good from the springs forward. They all rust! I bought one new in 99 and that is the only thing that has failed me.  Other than that its been a good to me. Still driving it after welding the &%$#% out of it.  170,000 miles. Good luck!  Ill be replacing it with an E350.

I've had a 2000 1500 dodge van. It was the regular length with the 3.9 engine. If it has the 5.2, it's better. It runs smooth and it's reliable.

It was pretty good to me overall except in the front end where there was a lot of stuff to do probably due to lack of maintenance from previous owners. Also the rocker panels were rotting like crazy.

check the frame really good from the springs forward. They all rust! I bought one new in 99 and that is the only thing that has failed me.  Other than that its been a good to me. Still driving it after welding the &%$#% out of it.  170,000 miles. Good luck!  Ill be replacing it with an E350.

I found another dodge with 82k on it RUST FREE. DId your guys's bikes fit in there good? Its not a maxi and i will be leaving the front bench in.

I found another dodge with 82k on it RUST FREE. DId your guys's bikes fit in there good? Its not a maxi and i will be leaving the front bench in.

Putting bikes in straight behind a bench seat will be hard in a regular length van. You could always try putting them in an angle, then you may be able to fit two.

I didn't have a bench in mine. Put shelves in the front by the partition wall and there was plenty of room in the back for 3 bikes.

I have a 01 ram 2500 with the 318. I wouldn't even consider one of these things without a v8. Floor is rusting. But engine is dead reliabe. I have a cage that separates the drive from the cargo area. I would suggest getting something like this, cuz those seatbelts won't save you when a 250lb bike come barreling into you at 30mph (or even a helmet or something like that).