kx450f piston cracked

I'm some what new to the 4 stroke seen always ran 2 strokes. But anyways just got a 08 kx450f not to long ago and I was riding lost compression so tore it apart and here the piston was cracked everything else looks ok. Would anyone happen to know why the piston would crack. Never had this happen. Didnt know if it couldve been just worn out or not. Thanx I'm new to forums.

Yep, Kawasaki came out with revised pistons in following model years to combat this issue. My guess is that you could go with any of the aftermarket pistons and be fine (not sure if you can swap in a later OE piston, seems to me they might have played around with pin location but its been awhile).

The 08 had a problem with this allthough mine got 350 hours on the standard piston, could be because i ride at high altitudes so not so much stress on the piston, I changed to a Wiseco and not had any problems with it in the last 250 hrs.

Ok at least its just not me. Um u rwally mean twohundred and fifty hours? that's awesome now I am tryin to figure out what piston to do my local shop said stay with stock cuz wiseco break. The just said not to go with that one but on line I've heard good things.

Ok at least its just not me. Um u rwally mean twohundred and fifty hours? that's awesome now I am tryin to figure out what piston to do my local shop said stay with stock cuz wiseco break. The just said not to go with that one but on line I've heard good things.

The bike has 600 hrs in total 350 on oem piston and 250 hours on wiseco.

I have used wiseco on three different bikes with no problems.

What do u do for riding I do a lil bit of everything woods track ect. I think I might half to give the wiseco a chance

Raced off-road for 4 years with it.

Thats awesome thanx