Sign in to follow this  

Octane Booster for '13 KX450f?

Where I currently live there is no access to gas higher than 91 octane and I was wondering if I should be running 91 octane with a bit of octane booster in it? I wanted to try out the white plug on my '13 KX450f but I'm concerned about the fuel I'm using.

Thanks

Where I currently live there is no access to gas higher than 91 octane and I was wondering if I should be running 91 octane with a bit of octane booster in it? I wanted to try out the white plug on my '13 KX450f but I'm concerned about the fuel I'm using.

Thanks

The green plug is where its at. the white plug makes the same power on the dyno as the green its just more aggressive. My bet is you couldnt ride the white plug to its potential anyways lol. No offence intended. 

I dont like octane boosters personally. Ive seen people misuse them with bad results.

91 octane is plenty for a stock engine where you live (at your elevation). The reason other areas have 93 or higher octane is due to their lower elevation which makes them more susceptible detonation. Higher compression pistons have the same effect and need higher than normal octane fuel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

Edited by jermag24