winter care for fuel injection?

three new fuel injected bikes in the cave. Stabil, drain totally or some other trick. I dislike problems i can prevent. Sad to put the battery tenders on for five months. What a great season to ride and watch all venues of riding. We are looking foward to 2014.

three new fuel injected bikes in the cave. Stabil, drain totally or some other trick. I dislike problems i can prevent. Sad to put the battery tenders on for five months. What a great season to ride and watch all venues of riding. We are looking foward to 2014.

I'm not quite as cold as you but I don't ride for a month or two during the coldest months.

I would say put some stabil in there tank,  fill the tank  full of non-Eathonal gas, change the oil, and lube chain..Make sure you have a good antifreez in there so nothing has a chance of freezing...

In the past in my CARB'd bikes, I've drained ALL of the fuel out of tank and CARB. But I don't think you can really drain it all out of the fuel pump...

Haha, we have the opposite seasons here. Come summer we pack the bikes in the garage. But winter we dust them off and take them to the desert...

I put in stabi, and only disconnected the batteries. I have all lithium batts so i am not worries about discharges, though for good measure i think i will install a batt tender kits. I start the bikes once a month as to keep the gaskets in good condition. 20mins idling with a quick drive up and down the street.

I left the antifreeze in for the summer and only flushed my 450 as i was to upgrade the water pump. Added 2oz DEI rad relief and 2oz Microlon CST for good measure for my new winter season.. My wife's 200 will get the same treatment once she thinks about riding...

thanks for the tips.

I don't think I have ever worried about storing any of mine. Every other week I will fire them up regardless, just to let them get fluids through somewhat. Battery tender stays on the Raptor regardless of the season.

Put studs in the tires and ride em on the ice!