FI Error code

Hi. Was going to take a ride now and i went out in the garage and turned on the ignition. Then the bike wouldnt start. So i noticed there was a FI warning lamp that flashed 9 times long. I looked in manual and it means: Throttle Position - Circuit fault. What does this mean? And how can i fix it? I rode the bike like and hour ago and everything was fine.

Bike is 2012 690 smc-r  :)

Did you happen to adjust your throttle cables? I read where there has to be a certain amount of play or it will throw a code or actually......no start. Just one idea.

Hi. Was going to take a ride now and i went out in the garage and turned on the ignition. Then the bike wouldnt start. So i noticed there was a FI warning lamp that flashed 9 times long. I looked in manual and it means: Throttle Position - Circuit fault. What does this mean? And how can i fix it? I rode the bike like and hour ago and everything was fine.

Bike is 2012 690 smc-r   :)

Had the same thing happen when my battery was shot.  It doesn't have enough voltage to read the TPS properly when the key it first turned on. It would start but then immediately die.  If I charged the battery it would help.  Sounds like riding the bike charged the battery enough to help it.

I'm not saying this is your problem but if your battery is suspect I would get it load tested or replace it.