How to Keep the front end down

Okay I had a bad experience with a yz 125 way back in the day. Kinda of scared it will happen again and I know don't be scared of the bike or you get no where. I got pinned back by the powerband and went through a flimsy wooden fence [no not movie style wise either. I was scared to let go of the throttle because I thought I'd fly off. How to Keep this from happening? cuz now I got Honda 2001 cr250...

Do a search on TT  for "whiskey throttle".  It may give you some ideas.

good body position and don't ride too hard once your tired.

Couldn't find anything with the search

Get rid of the CR250 !!!!! ;) especially the '01 model year. 

If you have those issues with the YZ125, you've just increased your potential for that situation 10 fold.

Seriously, though, get off the back of the seat - move up on the tank. You know, that clutch isn't just for shifting - you do keep a finger or two on the clutch when riding right ?

Edited by oldfrt613

Couldn't find anything with the search

Wow, you're right.  The TT search function is lacking and everyone is always bugging users to USE it.  Weird because there's been lots of discussions about it... concerning un-intended throttle opening.

Cr250 is beast I love it

Ride with a finger on the clutch. Pull it if your front end comes up more than you want it to. Tapping the back brakes works too.

Sounds like you just need to ride more and build your confidence on the bike and with its controls. Get some lesson on riding technique and body position. Once comfortable, you will be able to pin it. Then you will want more power.

Went here, before I attempted to make a topic, I kinda have the same problem, only me it's not from being thrown back, and increased throttle(whisky) I am a woods racer, but come to find out after the GNCC Ironman, I am slow out in the open. I am guessing it's body position, but I noticed that I couldn't get on it hard, because it kept bringing my front higher than I wanted. now there was one instance, where I wasn't getting on it hard, but some how I lost traction on my rear wheel(guessing it came off the ground) RPM increased, then I got loads of traction, and pulled my front way way to high. saved it, but it makes it intimidating to ride like that.

Throttle control and body position.  Its not just twist and go.  especially on a 2stroke. 

Okay I had a bad experience with a yz 125 way back in the day. Kinda of scared it will happen again and I know don't be scared of the bike or you get no where. I got pinned back by the powerband and went through a flimsy wooden fence [no not movie style wise either. I was scared to let go of the throttle because I thought I'd fly off. How to Keep this from happening? cuz now I got Honda 2001 cr250...

It's all about Body Positions and Movements coupled with Throttle Control: http://www.gsmxs.com/dvds/volume-3/dvd-1-body-positions-and-movements

BodyPos & Mvmt FRONT WP.jpg